Battletoads and double dragon remake by TobyGames

Damon Caskey said:
TobyGames is banned permanently for continued spam and attempting to circumvent a mute with alt accounts.

DC
Well damn, I thought something was off about that guy, I just thought it was due to him being from a different region or something.

This. There's not a thing in rules about asset use or what you can or can't make. That's none of my business. All I care about as an admin is we show some decorum, act like adults, and treat each other with respect. The rest is a wash.
Follow ship of the mothaf***in modders baby!

X)
 
Well, IMO banning people for posting multiple topics or messages is a bit too much.I get removing bots but real people like that... i dont know.
From what i see over the years , like 10 years, new people arent coming here that often and community is on life support for many years , only a few members are creating and posting.
In my opinion such harsh decisions can backfire and cause people to give the forums a bad name and tell others to avoid it.
I suspect its whats actually happening. This guy definitely went somewhere to tell it all.
I just dont think its worth it so be so strict.
Yeah the guy was a spammer, i got like almost 10 messages from him but hey, it doesnt hurt me.Eventually he would calm down.
 
I think this guy was alittle off though bWWd, wasn't just spam, I mean he was pretending to be his own father at one point. He did a whole lot of nothing in just 1 day. He went from being a game developer to taking game requests to asking to collab on projects as well as other stuff, he was warned, muted and then made an alternate account and carried on carrying on

I get many people in my inbox pretending to be someone they are not and I just end up ignoring them because it always ends the same, all talk and no action.

As far as the community goes in the last 10 years I'd say we've only had about 100 solid members and even less making good works. Here's always been a small community and it's probably better than having thousands of spammers who don't add anything to the community, you can build a decent house with just a couple people, 1000 idiots aren't doing anything, but that's just my opinion.
 
meh, nothing serious, everyone did that as a kid,but i guess it depends on sense of humour and tolerance , i like to watch strange behaviour when it doesnt do harm to anyone , so thats probably why i dont see an issue.All those are non threatening to anyone.
Lng time ago i think on senile forums was this guy called hypto, he insulted everyone  and was hyper sensitive about every comment,but he was kinda special, we knew others wouldnt get this much patience feom mods, it was very memorable , sometimes i wonder what happens with all the people who get banned.Especially the crazy ones.
And hey id like to see a shitty house built sometimes by 1000 crazies for a change too, might be intersting.
But anyway, i dont pay the bills here so, i only share my thoughts about all the seriousness around here.It is definitely too much for my taste.Id ban just for direct threats with high possibility of commiting them.Otherwise mute
 
Well, IMO banning people for posting multiple topics or messages is a bit too much.I get removing bots but real people like that... i dont know.
bWWd you got it wrong - he wasn't banned for spamming, he was muted so he could calm down. For someone to be banned for spamming, the user needs to ignore the warnings we gave him first.

But he decided to make a second account - and THAT is against the rules.  To create a second account to bypass any action is a no-go, and temporary bans would turn into permanent bans.
 
I just hope that other young guys who join wont have so much bad luck, banning rules are arrificial, they dont really help to solve anything, but maybe thats not really the goal.
But as i said im only another user here and not that active, i just wish these bans wouldnt be so easy to get and we would care more about people staying.
He was overexcited from what i see but maybe its only me that sees nothing wrong with that id youre certain age or type of character.Anyway , i get why he was muted and banned but i think its still too harsh to banish human being whos interested with engine for that.
 
Sorry if my comment doesnt add anything, but that moment when he tried to talk as his own dad and then the michael scott meme appeared was perfect XD
 
Back
Top Bottom