• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Solved bgicon suddenly gone in new stage

Question that is answered or resolved.

PS_VITA

Hi guys
the HUD sprite I'm using
located in the levels.txt
bgicon data/chars/misc/hud.png -160 440

is no longer visible in a new stage I created but it is visible in the rest of the stages.

the size settings of the new stage panel are width1376 X height6016.

could that be the issue?

Is it because type 2 is set in that level?

type {type} {nospecial} {nohurt}

• Optional.
  • {type} is a binary value which determines if the stage is a normal stage (0) or a bonus stage (1).
  • Bonus stages end when all obstacles are destroyed, when there are no more items or when time runs out. Players won't lose a life if time runs out.
    • 0 = normal level
    • 1 = Used for bonus levels so a life isn't taken away if time expires.level->type == 1 means bonus level, else regular
    • 2 = custom HUD (no bgicon.gif)
  • {nospecial} Can use specials during bonus levels (default 0 - yes)
  • {nohurt} Can hurt other players during bonus levels (default 0 - yes)

My guess is the stage is too high so the bgicon is being drawn off screen once the camera is set to the bottom of the screen.

A solution would be making the bgicon a panel entity and spawning it in the stages or drawing it on the screen with script. Script would need to be an updatescript so the panel entity is probably more cost effective. When setup correctly the panel can always be drawn in the visible screen area rather than the stage.

Hmm, is it maybe possible to just put 'bgicon' command in a stage text to override the default setting?

My guess is the stage is too high so the bgicon is being drawn off screen once the camera is set to the bottom of the screen.

A solution would be making the bgicon a panel entity and spawning it in the stages or drawing it on the screen with script. Script would need to be an updatescript so the panel entity is probably more cost effective. When setup correctly the panel can always be drawn in the visible screen area rather than the stage.

Hmm, is it maybe possible to just put 'bgicon' command in a stage text to override the default setting?
I will try several options today and get back to you, funny enough the health bars show without any issues.

edit: command bgicon is not understood in level.txt

I tried resizing the stage but I keep dying and still can't see the bgicon.

I will try panel option next but I'm not familiar with panels so it might take me a while.

edit2:

I ended up using an update.c lifebar drawsprite option which worked. and simply erased the bgicon option.

I suppose I should mark this post as solved.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom