• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

King of Rage Progress

View attachment 7359 View attachment 7365

On the left is an image of the existing Neo Geo logo stretched to fit the screen, and on the right is a logo I created myself. I wanted something a little clearer, so I made it myself.

nice!
from the series "images that you can hear " :)

It looks very nice. My only gripe is meta based. It's stuff like this that makes people get dumb ideas that OpenBOR is an emulator playing "mods".

DC

KoR - 0019.png

We are currently creating a playable character, White Buffalo, and the production speed is faster than expected, perhaps due to accumulated know-how.
If you add 10 playable characters each time you upload a game demo, you will likely reach 50 quickly.

Those Buffalo screenshots just make me drool. Power Instinct 1 arcade was the only version available in my country.

Buffalo was my favorite, he was easy to pick up and his damage was extreme. One of his signature moves, Buffalo Storm, summoned a frigging bison on screen.
I hope that move will make it to the final version of King of Rage, if not I'll still be happy, don't worry. ^^

Last edited:
Those Buffalo screenshots just make me drool. Power Instinct 1 arcade was the only version available in my country.

Buffalo was my favorite, he was easy to pick up and his damage was extreme. One of his signature moves, Buffalo Storm, summoned a frigging bison on screen.
I hope that move will make it to the final version of King of Rage, if not I'll still be happy, don't worry. ^^
We are also creating technology to summon bison. I like old materials, so I'm making bison using old sprites.

KoR - 0026.png

The special move is almost completed, and once the grab special move is completed, White Buffalo is finished except for weapon attacks.

As you can see, the graphics are from Power Instinct 5, but I like the bison effect from the previous series, so I'm using a mix of them.

Reactions: NED
...As you can see, the graphics are from Power Instinct 5, but I like the bison effect from the previous series, so I'm using a mix of them.
I appreciate the thought. It's probably a matter of taste but the bison attack is much less appealing in Matrimelee.
Surprisingly that half-yellow bison in Power Instinct 1 is more memorable than a full black bison in Matrimelee:

Attachments

• buffalo_yellow.png
    buffalo_yellow.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 9
  • buffalo_black.jpg
    buffalo_black.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 9
This is God tier.
I'm stuck trying to get the mechanics right from my game.
The way you and the others get the slams right is insane, it's my Achilles heel.
Them throws,/slams.
That super is fire.
thank you. I spent a long time researching slam techniques.
Now, the attacker can clearly grab the opponent's head or body.

View attachment 7386

We are currently creating a playable character, White Buffalo, and the production speed is faster than expected, perhaps due to accumulated know-how.
This is so true.
I held off creating more characters.
Once I perfect Ken and Dan, they will basically be a the base for every other character I create for my game.
Regarding your roster.
Did Billy or Jimmy make the cut from Rage of Dragons.
That is another game that would make for a great beat em up just but the looking at the gameplay mechanics.

This is so true.
I held off creating more characters.
Once I perfect Ken and Dan, they will basically be a the base for every other character I create for my game.
Regarding your roster.
That is another game that would make for a great beat em up just but the looking at the gameplay mechanics.
Come to think of it, there were also Billy and Jimmy from Rage of Dragons.
However, if you want to select many protagonists, selecting 50 will not be enough.
There may already be characters in the game that use special moves similar to theirs.

I was actually going to add Ryo Sakazaki from aof to the roster, but gave it up for another character.

Nice touch on the music add-on in the loading screen. I tried doing it, but I couldn't get it to work properly.

The diagonal lifebar and MP are nice additions to see. Nice work.

I had a Beat Em Up game project which featured Billy and Jimmy from "Rage of the Dragons" as main players, along with others (in a demo). But I decided to put it on hold since I have other projects to work on and a lot of things to learn from using this engine. I will go back to it when I have time. As of now, I'm not ready.

There may already be characters in the game that use special moves similar to theirs.
I was surprised that the Double Dragons some found there way into Matrimalee and quite a few of characters are included in KOR.
Seeing White Buffalo, and Johnny is very nostalgic.
Johnny's special always stuck with me from AOF but a roster of 50 characters and from what I seen so far non of them look half baked.
hopefully there's a training room
I had a Beat Em Up game project which featured Billy and Jimmy from "Rage of the Dragons" as main players, along with others (in a demo). But I decided to put it on hold since I have other projects to work on and a lot of things to learn from using this engine. I will go back to it when I have time. As of now, I'm not ready.
I will be looking forward to that demo.
You will have more then enough sprites to work with between ROD,Matrimalee and Garou in my opinion look every similar but better overall.

mamuri.png

This is the settings text file I used when creating the character, and I am moving it to the complete folder when it is completed.

The characters in this text file can be considered 100% complete.

Once 10 player characters are completed, enemies will be created and the stage will be progressed.

We are currently producing King.

Currently, Krizalid has been completed. In order, there are up to 5 people, but since there are many characters played in any order, I think there will actually be around 10 people. I'm planning to start making enemies and stages soon.

Thanks DDToki, Krizalid is my favorite KOF character, I'll be really happy to play with him ;).

What do you think about having a version with a coat and one without a coat?
Maybe the coatless version would make him even stronger?

Back
Top Bottom