• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

King of Rage Progress

This Chris is awesome. A few remarks:

1- I've watched the whole vid and didn't see one of Chris' signature move, Step Turn:
It's throw in which Chris grabs the enemy and slugs him with 3 kicks in the face, very satisfying (youtube). Has this throw been implemented or do you plan to?
It's not important, I just felt compelled to mention it,

2- Do the Stats on the select screen have any impact on characters attributes? I mean take "Agility" for instance: Robert has more Agility than Chris which seems a bit off. Chris is way faster than Robert. Same thing for John Crawley who should have a higher agility score considering he's super fast,

3- I feel the mauve particle effects that show up when Chris is doing some of his Specials/Supers take too much space on screen. I mean sometimes we don't even seen Chris when he does that. The visual effects are over the top but I would have wanted more subtlety.

Same deal for the sound used for some of these moves: some sound like an bomb explosion, which might be overkill.

Hope I wasn't too harsh. Anyways I have a smile on my face each time I watch a new vid of yours. Keep it up!
The graph on the selection screen reflects actual performance. When I created a character, I created a performance table and adjusted it, so there is a difference in speed and power.

Today is an update with kisarah's latest structure. I thought there would be 10 people including kisarah, but I found out I had to make one more. So, as usual, I'll make more and finish the player.
Great news here! The demo will be awesome!
And I really like how you updated Kisarah here.
My only thing is I hope her to have more moves from the source game in the future updates.
Also I expected her special throw to be something more like a grab/throw as well :D
But the result is already great!
Good luck with the other content updates.

John's air spin special move is now more complete. Depending on the enemy, the height is fixed by the head, and the position is captured by the head in any situation.

Heidern, who uses a similar special move, can be applied in the same way.

John's air spin special move is now more complete. Depending on the enemy, the height is fixed by the head, and the position is captured by the head in any situation.

Heidern, who uses a similar special move, can be applied in the same way.
awesome!
more precise moves really gives open bor games a REAL game feeling

@DD Tokki
I'd like to know if its possible to add the max version of the special at low health like in kof 99 or use a similar system to the advanced mode to gain access to the max special like in 98?

@DD Tokki
I'd like to know if its possible to add the max version of the special at low health like in kof 99 or use a similar system to the advanced mode to gain access to the max special like in 98?
Regardless of your physical strength, you can only use special moves with your sp(mp) gauge. But it's a good idea if you can do it.

@DD Tokki
1709975237714.png

Special moves change attacks with arrow key combinations, and super moves are special moves that are one level higher than specials.

Today I even made Rugal. Following Rugal, the boss has been completed and the stage shown in the video is complete.
In the video, Rugal appears as a playable character, but he will be a hidden character when you first start the game.
Absolutely love your version of Rugal. He fits so well in the module, I'm impressed. Just one detail:

When Rugal moves forward (or backward too in KOF '98) both his arms move stiffly, like Robocop. This is a problem that the KOF '98 Rugal sprite had. It has been somewhat alleviated in KOF '2002. Could you take a look and see if it's easy to fix? Thank you.

Absolutely love your version of Rugal. He fits so well in the module, I'm impressed. Just one detail:

When Rugal moves forward (or backward too in KOF '98) both his arms move stiffly, like Robocop. This is a problem that the KOF '98 Rugal sprite had. It has been somewhat alleviated in KOF '2002. Could you take a look and see if it's easy to fix? Thank you.
1709988195675.png
I just saw the 2002 version of Rugal's walking motion. It doesn't seem to be any different from 98. What kind of sprite is it?

Before my previous post, I just refired KOF 98 and 2002 to refresh my memory. In motion I felt Rugal's 2002 arms were slightly better. But maybe I'm wrong?
I couldn't find the sprites for Rugal '98, here're the Rugal 2002 sprites though: Omega Rugal KOF 2002 Spritesheet.
1709990738548.png
It may seem that way due to differences in color or other reasons, but when compared to 98 Rugal, there is no difference in motion. I was wondering if I was wrong, so I even looked at the hand movements and they were the same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. And sorry for wasting your precious time. 😅
To be honest it wasn't a waste of time.
There is one thing that could be different from the 2 games that could change how we see things.
Delay in this regard. Mess around with it enough and see for yourself.
Even the change in hardware.

@DD Tokki
Did you by chance add forcedirection-1 to you attacks?
It's probably the most important thing to take into account when attack and hit boxes overlap each other.
Don't want players/enemies flying off in the wrong direction.

Back
Top Bottom