• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

number of weapons

xyz555

Hello, everyone
i want to ask a question
How many weapons does the engine support the protagonist have?
Thank you for answering
I wish you a happy life :giggle:

@xyz555,

There's no hard coded limit to weapons. The only limitation is how many characters you can have on a line in the model sheet. I can’t recall ATM, but I believe it is 512.

Using scripted model switching has no limit at all.

HTH,
DC

@xyz555,

There's no hard coded limit to weapons. The only limitation is how many characters you can have on a line in the model sheet. I can’t recall ATM, but I believe it is 512.

Using scripted model switching has no limit at all.

HTH,
DC
hello, your reply
what do you say
(Toggle with script model is completely unlimited)
Is there an example you can provide me with a look?
Thank you :giggle:

hello, your reply
what do you say
(Toggle with script model is completely unlimited)
Is there an example you can provide me with a look?
Thank you :giggle:

C:
changeentityproperty(<entity pointer>, "model", <new model name>);

@DCurrent it is way more complicated if you want to switch models mid level. This example will have a lot of bug until the player is respawned.

@DCurrent it is way more complicated if you want to switch models mid level. This example will have a lot of bug until the player is respawned.

How so? I switch models for alternate modes and never have any issues. It frees the weapon system for actual weapons and eliminates the need to keep a huge list.

DC

In my light mod i use a fake entity that loads the real player then changes to them after extensive testing i found you need to change the model and the name then kill off the entity when they respawn they will be working perfect. If the entity is not killed its a weird hybrid of the original entity and the one you want to change to.

Back
Top Bottom