• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Rules on uploading other people's modules?

Miru

Excuse me, but what are the rules on uploading other people's OpenBOR modules to the site? I notice a lot of the notable modules of years past have been uploaded by other users, and I want to contribute some more modules to the collection. What are the rules about uploading modules by someone else?

Excuse me, but what are the rules on uploading other people's OpenBOR modules to the site? I notice a lot of the notable modules of years past have been uploaded by other users, and I want to contribute some more modules to the collection. What are the rules about uploading modules by someone else?

There aren't any hard and fast rules about uploading other's work, and you'd be saving us a lot of time, so feel free if you have some. Just make sure to be respectful about it and follow the guidelines about uploading in general. Also try to keep the intro, spelling, and all of that at reasonable quality. We want our best foot forward. See here for the guidelines:

If I see a module uploaded by someone else and the original creator still has an account here, I will make them the owner so they get credit and can make updates. I'll also associate it with a discussion thread if there is one. If it was a collaboration, I'll attach the download page to the leader or largest contributor and add the others as resource team members. Otherwise I'll attach it to a generic account named @Unknown. If the creator ever shows back up, then I'll attach it to them.

DC

There aren't any hard and fast rules about uploading other's work, and you'd be saving us a lot of time, so feel free if you have some. Just make sure to be respectful about it and follow the guidelines about uploading in general. Also try to keep the intro, spelling, and all of that at reasonable quality. We want our best foot forward. See here for the guidelines:

If I see a module uploaded by someone else and the original creator still has an account here, I will make them the owner so they get credit and can make updates. I'll also associate it with a discussion thread if there is one. If it was a collaboration, I'll attach the download page to the leader or largest contributor and add the others as resource team members. Otherwise I'll attach it to a generic account named @Unknown. If the creator ever shows back up, then I'll attach it to them.

DC
Okay then. I will upload some modules soon.

I’ve uploaded a few games to the site now. One more thing; are there any games that are not allowed to be uploaded here?

I don't have a problem with what you load - but the how is a bit lacking. No screenshots and no icons. Also, talking about the creator's proclivities or talking bad about the module are very poor taste. The download should describe the download and nothing else. You can always give your opinion with a rating.

I'll fix the descriptions. Please add an icon and some screenshots or YouTube video. Icons are 96*96 (you don't have to be exact, that's just the best size) and the forum supports drag and drop for screenshots.

DC

I don't have a problem with what you load - but the how is a bit lacking. No screenshots and no icons. Also, talking about the creator's proclivities or talking bad about the module are very poor taste. The download should describe the download and nothing else. You can always give your opinion with a rating.

I'll fix the descriptions. Please add an icon and some screenshots or YouTube video. Icons are 96*96 (you don't have to be exact, that's just the best size) and the forum supports drag and drop for screenshots.

DC
Added the images and icons to the uploads.

Back
Top Bottom