• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Streets of Rage Chaos by Xturtleh

vokilvulga

Hello guys. What do you think about this Streets of Rage Chaos game.
It is a very successful project of the Chinese author Xturtleh - a cross between Kratus' old SoR2X + ideas - I guess by Final Fight LNS.
The menu is the standard one for OpenBoR and in particular that of Kratus ot SoR2X - however it is in Chinese. Wo...w:unsure:
The English version is not very effective.

It's almost incomprehensible how the "difficulty level" options are adjusted - the game is coordinated at the "easy" level.

But the extra characters are unlocked when you play all the modes on medium difficulty.

Trash, Mr Karate looks crap especially his move set, then there's a giant wolf thing 🫤 @1:16 what the heck is that @3:54 glue? Muscle power from world heroes???
It's terribly put together, the added animations are turd and the sound is all distorted garbage.

It is a very successful project of the Chinese author Xturtleh - a cross between Kratus' old SoR2X + ideas - I guess by Final Fight LNS.
The menu is the standard one for OpenBoR and in particular that of Kratus ot SoR2X - however it is in Chinese. Wo...w:unsure:

It's almost incomprehensible how the "difficulty level" options are adjusted - the game is coordinated at the "easy" level.

But the extra characters are unlocked when you play all the modes on medium difficulty.
That nightmare again...... 😣

I'm not involved in this thing, I just ignored some mods I found on the internet due to the bizarre content like robots/zombies etc, which I don't have any interest in.
If the author really appreciates and respects other people's works, he must stop destroying it. Instead, he could start his own from scratch once it's clear that they has enough knowledge to do.

Some words of the original post has an... exotic meaning, to say at least.
"game" and "successful", for example.

This phrase alone explains all you need to know about the game:

Poor Kratus, he didn't deserved that, really.
People downgraded one of the best OpenBOR games ever made into a common mix match BOR styled "mod"... again.

Oh, please - let's not fall out, unnecessarily.

However, your work is an inspiration to many. I first heard about this game as - Chinese mod.
I saw it was a remake by another author over the Kratus platform. Which is indicated.

I think it's a point of pride when old projects can serve as a platform, for a creative impulse, on which to develop other remakes and projects.

How weird does the game look? Well, I don't know, it's not finished - maybe over time it will change significantly.
Chinese gamers obviously have a different overview.
For example, I saw a huge bull throwing people around the screen and bombing birds.

I saw this mod as more of a technical demo than a game, found his channel few months ago when I was learning about juggling systems
abut the game itself makes me confused where he wants to take this game in which direction because it doesn't seem to have a clear identity since it includes too much combine content in it.

I think it's a point of pride when old projects can serve as a platform, for a creative impulse, on which to develop other remakes and projects.
@vokilvulga

Although I don't agree totally, your point could be applied if we are talking about a tribute for a very old game which is already completed/finished or the author is not active for years and abandoned everything. However, I'm fully active and the SOR2X continued through the SORX, which is still under constant development. They could at least wait until I put all my plans in practice and say that the game is officially finished, it's more acceptable.

About the inspiration you mentioned this can be used to create their own projects too. I have a huge respect for the people that come here in the forum daily focused on learning, asking for help and searching solutions because they are putting all their time and energy into their dreams, this is one of the reasons why I love giving support here.

When people criticize this mod style, they seem to ignore one point, that is, the title of the mod, CHAOS, has honestly told the players everything.

I saw this mod as more of a technical demo than a game, found his channel few months ago when I was learning about juggling systems
abut the game itself makes me confused where he wants to take this game in which direction because it doesn't seem to have a clear identity since it includes too much combine content in it.
Well, it looks like that to me too.
So many ornaments bog down the gameplay. It is very heavy and tiring to play. The ''atmosphere and nature'' of SoR is totally absent.
I guess this will be a new game, maybe with the same characters or not.
I see new ones being included that are not part of the series.

When will this game be released. Ive been seeing it around. Hmu

LOL

Chy'na is gonna chy'na

see enough chinese videos of other modules to come up with the conclusion that it may be culture-ish thing,

methinks that when it comes to Mugen or Smash Bros, chaos like this is good, i really don't see it nor get it for Beatthemup game like SOR, unless its a game version
of what some of us expected of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness...

Why would you want to play this pile of crap?

While I personally agree with the sentiment, we aren't the kind of community that bashes others like that. Please keep it professional.

@notreallysuicide, here's what we recommend. @Kratus is a meticulous and talented creator. Better strap in, odds are you'll be playing this one a while:

DC

While I personally agree with the sentiment, we aren't the kind of community that bashes others like that. Please keep it professional.

@notreallysuicide, here's what we recommend. @Kratus is a meticulous and talented creator. Better strap in, odds are you'll be playing this one a while:

DC
you are right. I apologize

Is that the terrible rip off of @Kratus Streets of rage X awesome game modded to hell? I do not approve of this if it is. I know maggas left because of people modding his double dragon games aswell. I seen one video of his reloaded mod were you can play as a car??? What is that about lol

I know maggas left because of people modding his double dragon games aswell.

I'd prefer not to get into those things here, but just FYI that's not at all what happened. Magggas never left, in fact he still logs in on a regular basis. As witnessed by @danno, his account is lifetime banned for one too many bait/troll attempts, preceded by years of unstable behavior and outbursts.

DC

I'd prefer not to get into those things here, but just FYI that's not at all what happened. Magggas never left, in fact he still logs in on a regular basis. As witnessed by @danno, his account is lifetime banned for one too many bait/troll attempts, preceded by years of unstable behavior and outbursts.

DC
Ok no problem buddy i dont do drama hahaha

Back
Top Bottom