• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Solved A way to disable enemies grab abilities depending on the stage.

Question that is answered or resolved.

PS_VITA

Hello,

For stages 5 and 8 for example - can I have a particular enemy not be able to use his grab moves?

I already know that one solution would be to duplicate enemy X and simply remove the grab abilities,
but i was wondering if there is a more efficient solution.

The only one option that I know is to duplicate the enemies you want for the stages, and delete the grab moves from the copied enemies. I think it's too complicated for a script to detect the enemy and disable on the fly those moves.

Either use a branch before those stages and get this branch by script and block it

or

use a stage variable to identify this stage and do the logic.

I did a tutorial here [SCRIPT] Identifying a stage

Its how I handle the explosions underwater or on the flying stage on my Avengers game: if we are on the flying stage, the explosions doesn't cause debris to appear. If we are underwater, they are changed to bubbles ;)

i was wondering if there is a more efficient solution.

You could add spawnscript which drops enemy's grabforce when spawned in the level. If this enemy is spawned so often, you could define onspawnscript which do that in the level using script suggested by Ilu.

OTOH if you want no enemies to be able to grab players in certain level, you could increase all player's antigrab to prevent being grabbed at all.

Back
Top Bottom