• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Gunslingers Unison - Tunes in the Sunset

Complete Gunslingers Unison - Tunes in the Sunset 3.0

No permission to download
Project is completed.

osman_color

• V4.0 are available now.​
  • Hi there, this is my latest Openbor Mod.​
  • Gunslingers Unison is a run and gun/beat´em up video game made by me in the Openbor engine, this is a prequel of another game called Cowboys Unison - Orchestra into the new horizon.​
  • The game narrates the story of a Cowboy called Darius Schneider and his right hand Elise Whitefield in charge to pursue and take revenge from a dangerous outlaw called Revenant Joe, the responsible of raise undeads and destroy the hometown of Elise, Rothwell.​
  • In the second game, the first mission is the final stage of this prequel (a la Castlevania Sotn) so in this game you must fight across 7 levels in order to takedown a series of dangerous enemies and find answers of the whereabouts of your nemesis.​
  • The game focus in action and storytelling between stages and detailed cutscenes.​
  • This game is a love-letter and homage to the first monocromatic Wonderswan handheld console and his father, Gunpei Yokoi.​
  • All the appearance and general sound of the game are a resemblance of a ¨fake Wonderswan game¨​
  • Despite the Wonderswan was an Japan-Exclusive handheld console with nearly only catalog filled with japanese lang-games, this fan game was made in English (Well... ENGRISH to be exact) because my english skills are not polished that all. (I´m from Venezuela)​
  • This game was inspired by some classics and modern Western theme video games like: Sunset Riders, Gun.Smoke, Cowboys of Moo-mesa, Wanted, Outlaws, Wild Gunman and even the Red Dead Redemption franchise, Guns´n Spurs and a mobile game Called West Gunfighter.​
  • Like the original game, you can choose 2 Gunners to play, play with 1 or 2P and unlock a secret new character to play, even unlock all cutscenes in a Theater mode.​
  • This was a fan game made in break times with a nearly 4 months of development and only for hobbie and learning skills in Openbor.​
  • The game contains certain material with copyright so the game must be shared only for free.​
  • game - 0006.pnggame - 0000.pngrom - 0021.png
  • Package.pngV4.0 has been released with an inportant improvement.​
  • Characters are now able to run and shoot at the same time.
  • Added a new sector for the final stage to match the stage intro of the sequel: Cowboys Unison.
  • I hope you enjoy this game and the full colored sequel.

Last edited:
Hi @osman_color and congratulations for this new game :) .
Here are some suggestions:
- You can make the enemy spawn from doors, shoot from windows, jump from platforms...
- Some enemies can ride horses or different animals / vehicles
- You can put some obstacles in order to hide and shoot and make various situations (not always a straight road with a swarm of enemies)

Keep up the good work ;) .

linked discussion with download, fun game, please re-upload here instead of using an external download.

Hi @osman_color and congratulations for this new game :) .
Here are some suggestions:
- You can make the enemy spawn from doors, shoot from windows, jump from platforms...
- Some enemies can ride horses or different animals / vehicles
- You can put some obstacles in order to hide and shoot and make various situations (not always a straight road with a swarm of enemies)

Keep up the good work ;) .
Hi, thanks to test my game, if you play this title completely you can see some different situations and enemies, (not just Cowboys) like natives, zombies, aliens, outlaws in horse, enemies spawning from rocks or barrels, a horse ride level etc... I wanna create a game based relatively to the limitations of the Wonderswan, 8 grayscale colors and 8 bit chiptune.

linked discussion with download, fun game, please re-upload here instead of using an external download.
Thanks, unfortunately the general internet of my country (Vzla) is very weak and slowest (yes, is not easy to live in a "non-evolved country") and barely I manage to upload in Mega. Sorry for that, maybe any of you guys can do it for me? :(

@osman_color I understand and I did it for you, after looking at the files there's a lot you can do to get the overall size down and there's lots of unnecessary files too but I'll leave that to your own discretion.

Speaking of project size, I'm wondering if there exists an application that refers the unloaded resources of a game so we can remove them to the mod?

@kimono openborstats has a 'file in use checker' tool but be careful how you use it as it will remove default stuff and some script files, I use it to just check and I remove files manually.

Yes, inside the pak there's a lot of unused content because this is the same mod of my former game Cowboys Unison, I manage to erase a lot of old content but not all because graphics are not really big deal, the music files take the most size and I manage to put just the necessary files for the game, thanks for help me with the re-upload.

So I tested the colored definitive edition. An eefort has been made to make custom characters, we see that for the stages you take some backgrounds of various game.
I don't understand why you use one z plan (pure 2D platformer) when you have no duck anim or something that justify it. One screenshot:
IxK6GYZ.png

I'm agree with that: you should add some trees, rocks, lakes, animals to break the monotony.
The first ghost boss is pretty cool.
In stage 2, it's like we kill the entire city in the public square ; I prefer less enemies but more clever and with more moves :) .
Some platforms should be nice too, you can add some relief to your stages. Keep up the good work and have fun with Openbor ;) .

Hi, i´ve uploaded a update version of this game with a little bug fix in the Bonus stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've released a final update of this game, relabanced the overall level of difficulty and minor fixes here and there.
Package.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally getting around to play it, and I'm having lots of fun ! I will come back to you during the week, at least when I managed to beat it entirely, in order to give you an extensive feedback. ^^

Oh, I've waiting for the review, please, play the sequel too if you have time. :)
Hello, Osman ! I've got around to play it today. It was great, thank you for the sweet time ! I love the humor, idea, and care behind this project, as well as Elise's backstory and the lore around the unison guns.
During this playthrough, I've been up to :
-1½ hours of playtime
-8 continues
-493 732 points of score
-"This is a easter egg" secret discovered

Here's what I think could use some more work, in chronological order :
-Boss' life bar tends to not show damage before long while it's in white or in the same color than the player, because they have so much health that it goes far longer that what is being shown. In other words, bosses take many hits before the sprite representing their life bar actually diminishes when they receive damage. Because of that, I've scrapped my first playthrough thinking I didn't do any damage to the boss.
-Parry is pretty hard to pull of. Most of the time, I just did it by accident while maintaining fire.
-the gravedigger boss can be tricked by standing on the edge on the screen, running to the right when its shovel spins, jumping at the right time when shooting and shoot him down the rest of the time : he doesn't stop close enough to the player to do his animation.
-the dodge wasn't very useful to me, excepted while fighting the alien queen talking in.
-At the opposite, the jump-kick was particulary fun to use for the flying saucers : having it a ennemy one time, the player has a little jump time so if I time it right I could kick the ennemy underneath it too. It was fun !
-the corrupt countryman doesn't show again after the priest is revealed, just to be mentioned by Whitehorse(I think that's her name ? The romantic bounty hunter). I would have prefered a "'till we meet again" from him during the end credits.
-Also, this is just nitpicking at this point, but I don't like your portrayal of women very much...let's say that much sexualisation is needed for Sonata's character, so I'll give it a pass..but giving cleavage on Whitehorse and Elise too(so basically your 3 main female characters) doesn't seem on point to me(I mean, they're a sheriff and a bounty hunter, there's no reason for them to get dressed like this). What I try to say is : you've got a sheriff traumatized since childhood by the lost of her family and her village to an hord of zombies who turned into a vigilante after being inspired by her lover and carrying a legendary gun handed down by her family as well as a poetic and romantic but jaded antiheroic bounty hunter who's doing her work thinking it is needed to carry punitive Justice beyond what the federal system can do who admire the protagonists. Your characters are already plenty interesting just the way they are, you don't need eyecandy to have players liking them.
-I've wasted 5 continues alone on the final boss, as it unusually hard to deal with in its second phase(and I've beat Marvel Unite !) : his life bar disappeared, and at a certain distance, he summons zombies continuously until you change spot. So, that's fun, I've got up to a 100x combo, but he's very had to shoot down because of this, so I majoritarly continuously jump kicked at that point.
The less fun part of the review apart, I'll be trying the sequel with pleasure ! However, I hardly tried Sonata mode yet, and blast through the first level with her..would you like feedback on the other modes too ? Would you like for me to try the other game first ? ^^

And, pure curiosity, but the coins sprites in the horse bonus level seems familiar too me..did you make them ? If not, from what game did you borrow them ? :D

See you, with pleasure ! 👋

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom