• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
KunioLA

Complete kunioLA V1.52

No permission to download
Project is completed.
@pudu I'm playing it on the psp N-1000, not emulator on PC. Do you think it is hardware limitation ?

I have tried on 6412 and got same problem, then tried on 4432 and the error did not stop. Or maybe try to use another build of the 4432 engine.

@pudu I'm playing it on the psp N-1000, not emulator on PC. Do you think it is hardware limitation ?

I have tried on 6412 and got same problem, then tried on 4432 and the error did not stop. Or maybe try to use another build of the 4432 engine.
I know now, it's most likely a PSP memory issue. This problem is very common, but I have been optimizing the game memory with Energizer.

@beasthorn6

25165824 Bytes
Free Ram: 18446744073676832976 Bytes
Used Ram: 57884464 Bytes
Total sprites mapped: 4091

********** An Error Occurred **********
* Shutting Down *

Out of memory!
Allocation of size 307238 failed in function 'allocscreen' at source/gamelib/screen.c:32.

I guess it's not wrong, it's a memory problem exactly.

I recommend using android or windows.

@beasthorn6

Yes @pudu Thank you for the help. Memory is always a issue with good games on this console, I'll be switching to new device now anyway. Btw I really enjoy your Streets of Rage Z3 mod on psp using 3707 engine. Its Great :)

"Mom, pudu resurrected grandad again" 😆

Heavens ; weapons, yakusa, tons of variety with the enemies, pattern-heavy bosses..that module rocks! It's so cool to have in hand one of the earliest, if not THE first beat-em up ever(did someone make Kung-Fu Master in OpenBOR too, btw?) in hands. I owe you one, for this. ^^

On a more serious note, something remains to be explained: is that a fangame, or a fan port of an official game in OpenBOR? Would feedback be welcome about balancing, or is this considered to be part of the original?
However, I would really like to have an option for displaying the cutscenes in english. If I happen to stumble on a bilingual beat-em up fan, may I talk him into it? :3

"Mom, pudu resurrected grandad again" 😆

Heavens ; weapons, yakusa, tons of variety with the enemies, pattern-heavy bosses..that module rocks! It's so cool to have in hand one of the earliest, if not THE first beat-em up ever(did someone make Kung-Fu Master in OpenBOR too, btw?) in hands. I owe you one, for this. ^^

On a more serious note, something remains to be explained: is that a fangame, or a fan port of an official game in OpenBOR? Would feedback be welcome about balancing, or is this considered to be part of the original?
However, I would really like to have an option for displaying the cutscenes in english. If I happen to stumble on a bilingual beat-em up fan, may I talk him into it? :3
Hello, this is an openbor fan game, all feedback is very welcome, thank you. About the English plot I will do it.

I found some problems, the position of "nishimura" using SP skill is not accurate (forgot to add offset)
All level weapons are random. Download updated

2 pages of the post, not a single sentence reference to the original author: ktsuminoe (twtter: kt住江)

Thought I would share a word or so, not on his behalf, but as one of few fans who love his work.

5 years ago, I once shared this mod here as I randomly found it on the twitter and I thought it was a great kunio mod.
Link: Original Post
Soon, it got spread to Baidu and they developed a lot of so called HACKED version on top of that with improved mechanics or move sets.

While all of these works were great, though I hold doubt on any of these work were actually authorized,
at least a shoutout to the author would be great.

The original author was a Japanese, he never gained too much attention from this community,
because obviously, he don't speak English.
Imagine working on Openbor projects without a community like Chronocrash but still made a great game out of it,
that was him.

5 years after, this great game got only 200 downloads and he still called it a "big hit", which breaks my heart a little.
He definitely deserve a lot of attention than that.

If you like this game, the original author actually made quite a few more games: Blog
Of course, his works are all in Japanese, but the gameplay are very good and I actually enjoy them.

2 pages of the post, not a single sentence reference to the original author: ktsuminoe (twtter: kt住江)

Thought I would share a word or so, not on his behalf, but as one of few fans who love his work.

5 years ago, I once shared this mod here as I randomly found it on the twitter and I thought it was a great kunio mod.
Soon, it got spread to Baidu and they developed a lot of so called HACKED version on top of that with improved mechanics or move sets.

While all of these works were great, though I hold doubt on any of these work were actually authorized,

The original author was a Japanese, he never gained too much attention from this community,
Imagine working on Openbor projects without a community like Chronocrash but still made a great game out of it,
that was him.

5 years after, this great game got only 200 downloads and he still called it a "big hit", which breaks my heart a little.

If you like this game, the original author actually made quite a few more games: Blog
Of course, his works are all in Japanese, but the gameplay are very good and I actually enjoy them.
Sorry I forgot, I left the original source, sorry.
original provenance
@aesopn

@pudu did you get permission from the original author? I assumed all of this was your work, I'd understand if the original author has been absent/uncontactable for many years but since they are still very much active I think it's best you get permission from them as It feels like you're passing off their work as your own, I'll give you a week to clarify before I take further action.

that was him.

Noooo ?! Didn't see that coming, I'm really sorry !

@hsh The game was not redeveloped with consent, That's the only issue. I suggest with this matter going further you keep your misguided opinion and feelings out of it.

@hsh The game was not redeveloped with consent, That's the only issue. I suggest with this matter going further you keep your misguided opinion and feelings out of it.
From your point of view, you're right, sir. I apologize to @Sylvain Regnier for saying too undue on impulse yesterday.
I will delete inappropriate remarks. But I also need a fair result. Only for me, because I am also a member of the forum, I have the right to question.
I'll explain it from my point of view. I hope you can stand the long speech.I have been exposed to bor games since 2014. The forum cannot be accessed normally in my region. The game is obtained through other ways. Most games are not the original name, let alone the author's name. Even the game was modified beyond recognition by some people, and said it was their own original.I first know about Pudu in 2017. I played sorz3,this time I was lucky to join his discussion group. I learned that the information of many bor games I played before was wrong, wrong game name, wrong author and wrong source.
Who cares? Just play the game. But only Pudu cares. He has corrected my wrong ideas more than once. He said that knowing the correct information of the game is the greatest support and respect for the author.I know sorz3 is a game developed again on the basis of sorz2. Pudu took the initiative to tell me and told me sorz2's author. He didn't have to tell me at all. He can include all his achievements in himself.He also made a public statement in the game. I feel that he is a man of noble character. I have to declare that sozr3 is really fun. I spent more than 300 hours in 2017 on game.Pudu offended some people with ulterior motives by publicizing the correct information of Bor game. So it was attacked. We have also made some resistance, but our strength is insignificant in the face of interests.But he stuck to his principles. He used his own actions to voluntarily uphold the rules of Bor game. He didn't tell you this, and you don't know.This kind of thing doesn't just happen in my area. The same is true in all parts of the world. I've seen a lot of people on youtube and other platforms. They upload game videos, some don't even mention the name of the game, and most don't have the author's explanation. The source of the game is its own space link.None of this can be stopped. Too few people uphold the rules.I have said so much to prove that Pudu is a man of noble character. I don't believe he developed a bor game again without the consent of "KT住江". He is fully capable of developing a bor game by himself.Pudu also issued an authorization application to him and obtained his consent. I believe Pudu.Pudu has been in the forum for a long time. He knows the rules here and won't make such a low-level mistake.Now suddenly someone has issued a question, saying that the game does not declare the origin. But there is "KT住江"'s statement in the game. He also said that the popularity of the original game is very low. Now it has risen to the major issue of whether to obtain "KT住江" authorization.Pudu immediately contacted him on twitter, hoping that he could prove that he was authorized to develop the game again. The video and game information have been revised and the original author's Twitter and original author's name have been added .But he has remained silent until now. He saw the information but didn't reply. I don't know what he's thinking. I just want to know one answer, no matter what the result is. Sir, I'm here to make a prediction that 70%,"KT住江" remain silent.Sir, if he keeps silent or denies, I think you will deprive Pudu of the game in the forum Who will this game belong to? "kt住江"? But he did not participate in the follow-up development. Pudu developed it alone for three years. Do you think it's fair? Pudu can completely change the material as a new game. Is it necessary to keep the name of "KT住江"?Sir, it seems to me that this is ridiculous justice.You will lose a just bor developer on the forum. Sir, you have to understand that once the game is released, it will lose control. Modifying or redeveloping the game does not require the consent of the author. You can't control it.This concludes my statement. I hope Pudu can get a fair result. I am not the other account of Pudu. I modify sor2x. You can ask @Kratus. I've been in touch with him. He is very nice and skilled. I'm happy to promote the correct game information for him. Thank you again for maintaining bor forum. If you think I offended you, you can empty my account. But I must say these words, and I must execute my justice. see you.

@hsh I asked you to keep your misguided opinion out of this and you continued with a paragraph of spam, I'm muting you for 10 days.

For now the mod will stay in resources, I think that's fair considering other members here have worked on it, unless the original author chimes in or pudu gets the go ahead
This thread will remain locked.

hello pudu, any ideas on why pressing the jump button makes the game slow? pressing it again makes it normal, same happens to me with sorx where it brings some king od debug menu and makes it slow, pressing it again removes it

EDIT
nevermind, cant belive i fixed it by putting 0's on the debug script file

Last edited:
Hello, @sesshomarooh
currently pressing ESC will make the game slow down, and the next pressing will restore the normal game speed. It was only used to test game data at the time. Source for this script @Kratus
But not pressing JUMP will slow down the game

Nice to meet you, my name is kt Suminoe, developer of kunio-kun LA.
I finally managed to register on this site through the introduction of Mr. pudu.
I am very happy to see so many of you playing our games.
I would like to conduct a development survey here in the future.

In case you are wondering, I found out about pudu's modification later.
I was glad to know that you love my work so much...on the contrary, it made me very happy.
I would like to use this site to communicate with you all in the future, so I would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Back
Top Bottom