• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Night Slashers X Rebalanced

In Progress Night Slashers X Rebalanced, 23A and variants info - Plasmid DNA in them vials edition.... 1.31

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
@axel
i believe it was some kind of unintended bug - (life of finale) the developer of the game is from japan, so i think that somehow a japanese character managed to get paked, but now makes it impossible to unpack
i had some help unpaking the game , but the organized worskstation where i had the supposed fixed file is not in my possesion
that also means that i have not had the chance to really test and compare the rebalance bugged vs the rebalance fixed.
if i get a hold of the package it would be of great help for a a fan of the rebalance version to really check and see...

i will see if i can get to the machine before the weekend
Thank you!

thanks @danno
@axel

i was not able to access the workstation, but i found the files in my PM

these fiels where rebuilt , but what still confuses me is the 1.3, -

is this a weird combo of 1.31 & 1.3?

its too bad that lifeofFinale removed the previou versions from mediafire
version 1.2 and 1.1 -
1.2 - i missed the download completely so i never got a copy of it...

Yes there are mine, i friend of me has repair for me the pack explode software to not crash on some characters and i have explode this game for you if you remember fine ;)

thanks @danno
@axel

these fiels where rebuilt , but what still confuses me is the 1.3, -

is this a weird combo of 1.31 & 1.3?

its too bad that lifeofFinale removed the previou versions from mediafire
version 1.2 and 1.1 -
1.2 - i missed the download completely so i never got a copy of it...

Thank you very much! The intro looks a bit different than 1.31 but the game looks the same.

sorry i took too long to answer @crimefighters3

i was going to reply a few days ago, but got sidetracked.

anyway, for the game to be truly finished its a long way to go, i have been slowly fixing some of the grabs for some entities, i have been fixing the height of all characters, and i still have a problem coding alternate blood for platform areas -

i wil try to fix the invisible wall thing that happens with some throws to the left before the year ends, at least....

Ver.1.31 isn't recognizing my Horipad even after setting it up in controller settings. My Logitech pad works fine though. Also keeps on forcing 2 players when I use the pad?

EDIT: Got it to work by reordering which controller goes into which USB port and recognizing the Hori pad as P1.

Last edited:
@Hellrider
Horipad makes great products , the closest thing to my dream amulation controller is this thing:
images
HORI+EX2+TURBO+THUMB.jpg

anyway,
i would like to share a bit of a progress report for "21C" (hopefully soon to be 23something)

for main player characters:
scripted throws have been fixed, no more bind bugs seem to be present

for bosses:
scripted throws have been fixed, no more bind bugs seem to be present

Restored and enhanced introduction for a boss character

Some animation dependant music triggers have been improved

more parallax layers added to a level

--

in progress,
real 3d platform effect for a certain stage - done but causes blood bug
blood splatter fix for platform areas
recovery landing bug fix
invisible left wall throw bug
antiwall climb script for exotic terrain stages
music variants for some stages
bonus stage fix

A new version - 23a - has been added today in the first post for testing, please download and report

download features an updated 2023 manual
fixed bugs for main characters
recovery move for Ash
No more recovery landing freeze

Also, the game is configured to wotk with 4 xbox 360 controllers right away,
just copy the game directory to Batocera and use WINE

Last edited:
Since i am a bit stuck on fixing the invisible wall when tossing thing...
and other stuff...

In the final days of october i realized the importance of games having an attract mode.
nobody would play the game unless they had at least one character on screen waiting for some-one to pick up a controller

Bonus JZ did not recreate the game´s attract mode scenes, and since the scripting abilities me currently has are not enough,
i have decided to start working on revamping the intro animation and updating the original attract mode sequences using video editing trickery.

here are recreations attempts using Android touch screen buttons instead of the original´s stick and buttons animations...

the problems
Android buttons are too transparent.

can't capture the footage with enough quality on the machines i got, using video for fake attract mode sequences require top quality window or screen recording...

I would like to suggest that it would make the gameplay much better if you enlarge the blue bbox boundaries of falling sprites to make the combos much more satisfying.

Thank you for your efforts on this project and keep up the good work.

I would like to suggest that it would make the gameplay much better if you enlarge the blue bbox boundaries of falling sprites to make the combos much more satisfying.
OK, i will see how much to adjust, personally i am not too keen on games having too much juggling of the enemies, but i am hoping that doing it just the right amount will result in better balancing vs some of the enemies.

My preferred method is for all enemies to be able to perform a combo breaker from time to time...

@PHM2D
wait , which game are you referring to?
If its Rebalanced, i have yet to hear from my Friend in Japan, i asked him for an unpacked version of his module so i can fix some stuff.

If you played 23A, that is where i can implement more stuff, or anyone, the download includes the tools to unpack the thing.

I'm talking about this version.
You can add combo breakers later but right now the bbox of falling sprites is too small.

Just passing by to say hi.
Still not much interested into getting again into all this mess.
Lot of potential !
so.. how many NS versions do we have here? something like one version only for added one character?
I only played @oldyz version I didn't know there were many other versions

Reactions: NED
@machok

as far as i know there is Night Slashers Advance, which is just NS with a bunch of characters thrown in, i found a download for it, but i have not added it to the resources.

2 dreamcast versions

Then there is the Android version which is just the 2019 version of Wide-screen, before the balance changes by Toranks.

After that, MR, Life of End added Aska, Hong Hua and Ortega

in 2021 january Widescreen included those characters, and fixed a bunch of music bugs, fixed 4 some player functions that where broken

Life of End implemented those January changes, made a new game mode, and added 2 or 3 new enemies and the Screen officially calls the game Night Slashers Rebalance, some content seems to have been cut out.

A month later Widescreen had another update, more music bugs where fixed, wall climb bugs where fixed, Continue bug got fixed and the new characters got a dodge move.

Rebalance has a unpak problem, which makes fixing the bugs a bit difficult, and uncertain (at least for me)

Widescreen got an update in November that fixes a bunch of game breaking bugs and some aestetic improvements

Too Long, did not read:

There is Night Slashers Advanced
A chinese port with a fancy title screen, video link is lost
Night Slashers: Another Story, for the Dreamcast (very downgraded port)
Another Dreamcast port of which i only have a video
Android version (2019 widescreen)
Rebalanced 1.31
Night Slashers Wide Screen 23A
Night Slashers DX by Danno - coming later

I'm talking about this version.
You can add combo breakers later but right now the bbox of falling sprites is too small.
OK , for rebalance there is a version that was uncompressed, but some have reported that the unpackable version and the unpaked version have slight differences.

the ony way i would be absolutely sure, is to actually receive an Unpacked copy from Life of End, or actually take the time to uncompress the version here in the resources, try to extract it with pak-explorer and do a meticulous comparison between the alleged unpacked and the one here.
Unfortunately, i have not heard from him for about a year or more.

I have been busy editng new music, trying out new features, and designing a couple of new levels, and trying to find solutions for platform issues that will arise later on.
so for widescreen, i will definetely take a look, specially since i will do a bit of a cleanup and a possible re-work of the hitflashes.

Back
Top Bottom