• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

rip sprites

Hi warciox and welcome to the forum. It depends on which game do you wish to rip sprites. I use Mame and record the screen to a MNG video file that I convert in separated PNG images.
@O Ilusionista made this tutorial a long time ago:
You've got some tricks here : The Mugen Fighters Guild - MAME Cheats For Sprite (and Sound?) Ripping Thread v.2 (1/16/21)

For emulators, you can desactivate some layers to find what you want and one more time, the method can slighty change according to the sprite that you wish.

Check the tools section of our Resource Manager (downloads). There are several big time savers there. It's also extremely important in general to educate yourself about palettes.

If you understand how palettes work, you can set up procedures in your image editor to largely automate ripping.

Verifique a seção de ferramentas do nosso Resource Manager (downloads). Existem vários grandes poupadores de tempo lá. Em geral, também é extremamente importante se informar sobre as paletas.

Se você entende como as paletas funcionam, você pode configurar procedimentos em seu editor de imagens para automatizar amplamente a extração.

[MEDIA = youtube] ktlMG4AXDSo [/ MEDIA]
which version of photoshop do you use

Last edited:
he used "e" which in portuguese normally means "and" while "é" means "is"
so i'm confused if he said "this program is photoshop? what version is that" or "this video program and photoshop? what version is that"
i still think he's asking what version of photoshop is

This is why it's important to use English and google translator, to cause less confusion. Chrome has an annoying habit of auto translating so mistakes happen.

To answer the question: All I'm doing is leveraging Photoshop's recorded actions. I set them up to eliminate all colors not used in the sprite I want, copy current selection area, and close the file. From there, I go to a series of screenshots I took in Mame, open one, select an area around the sprite, run the action, and I have my clip. I paste the copied sprite into my work file where I line everything up using layers.

It's a bit of a pain to set up, but as you can see in the video it makes the cutting process painless for games that don't have a debug or layer disable capability.

As for language - I've noticed quite an uptick lately of non-English posts. I don't want to be obtuse, but I have to draw a hard line on enforcing the language rules. Going forward, I'm deleting any non-English posts on sight.

DC

sorry it was a bug in the app i think
i asked which version of photoshop you use

I have a Creative Cloud license, so I'm always using the latest release. However, that is immaterial. The necessary functionality is available in any version dating back at least to 2006.

DC

is it possible to rip off sprites from wwe wrestlefest from ipad? i have the app save in my hd but i cant find an emulator for it it would be nice to put undertaker in an open bor mod

Attachments

• wwe.jpg
    wwe.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1
is it possible to rip off sprites from wwe wrestlefest from ipad? i have the app save in my hd but i cant find an emulator for it it would be nice to put undertaker in an open bor mod
You should create your own thread.
Your project may be interesting.
But the sprites will not match with this DD mod.
You should create a mod with only characters drom Wreslefest Ipad
-THe best IMO would be to use "Retro mania" sprites to make a game.
Beautiful sprites, many available wrestlers etc...

You should create your own thread.
Your project may be interesting.
But the sprites will not match with this DD mod.
You should create a mod with only characters drom Wreslefest Ipad
-THe best IMO would be to use "Retro mania" sprites to make a game.
Beautiful sprites, many available wrestlers etc...
I expressed myself wrong my english is bad my compensation was to suggest that the creator of the mod do this as I use the chrome translator I made a mistake sorry
but if i could rip sprites i would try to make a mod but i find an ipad games emulator

Back
Top Bottom