Settextobj doesn't works in select screen?

O Ilusionista

Captain 100K
I know some scripts won't work on selectscreen, but seams that Settextobj isn't allowed in the select screen - the engine shuts down with an error.
I haven't tried to add the code to "loading.c" myself yet, but thanks to reports, it doesn't works either.

Is the a way to bypass this?
 
Unfortunately no, there isn't at the time being. Text box objects are only run during actual gameplay. I can look at modifying them later, but there's no workaround other than drawing text directly with an update script.

Just FYI, I know you'll worry about that being sub-optimal, but it really isn't bad as you think. Text objects work by putting a few basic text drawing properties into an internal engine array. Every cycle the engine checks that array, and if it finds any entries they are sent to the native text drawing functions - just like any other kind of text. The text objects are super convenient, but only more optimal in the sense you can use them as part of a "fire and forget" event script. Getting things out of update is great when you can, but while it's active a text object is no faster than any other method.

DC
 
Back
Top Bottom