• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Silver Night's Crusaders

Complete Silver Night's Crusaders 1.6

No permission to download
Project is completed.
great!
i did a quick video just to show game to subscribbes and friends, so i didnt had copyright problems, but i just wanted to share that info because it may help to all openbor projects here.

I have a political video I made over 10 years ago and AC/DC's "Hells Bells" plays through the whole video I guess I been lucky cause it's never been deleted lol

Big surprise to see this game completed. It is a great gift for all Castlevania lovers. One million thanks Crimsondeath.

Davpreec @ZVictor Oh don't worry :) It's not a problem for me. I don't know how exactly Youtube apply his rules but thinking better on it, I don't want that users get a copyright claim when they are innocently doing a live gameplay. I'll do that "special edition" at least as a warning, while I fix some users reported bugs. I hope to get ready with that version at the end of this month (if not this weekend) with minor bug fixed too.

Davpreec said:
Yeah alot of people were looking forward to this from the demo gameplay I did on my channel so i knew alot of people would be uploading playthoughs hahaha.

I honestly didn't know, at least I didn't know that were so many that wanted to play it (Yeah, I live under a rock xd). I was expecting the same reception as Neon Lightning Force xd.

Thanks everyone for the comments :D . I'll probably be upgrading this game version until the end of the month so don't surprise if the link gets broken if you share it, you can always have the last version at True Role Dreams site or in the first post of this topic.

Crimsondeath you have left me speechless.  What an outstanding game!
I did not even expect Openbor to be able to perform such high quality commercial level scrolling platforms.Beat'em ups, yeah i get it, but action scrolling? WOW, you have done an extraordinary achievement here. Top notch level design, controls, platforming, enemy placements, you name it. I always liked your demo and the overall process, but never expected this to be the end result.
Thank you for completing and sharing it. By far one of the best Openbor games, and easily "THE" old school Castlevania game fans wanted from Konami all these years.

This is a pretty interesting game that almost looks like a arcade game, rather than a openbor mod!!
the vertical sections in the stages are interesting and I wished that could have more.
the only complain I have is that the cerberus boss is harder than all the bosses in the game, even more than the last boss, because it does huge damage, attacks quick and gives no window to avoid his attacks in time.

eryson said:
the only complain I have is that the cerberus boss is harder than all the bosses in the game, even more than the last boss, because it does huge damage, attacks quick and gives no window to avoid his attacks in time.

eryson,

Cerberus can seem totally invincible at first, but if you watch, he always gives away the attack he's about to use with those pentagram summoning circles. If you are playing as Ethan, stay on the bottom and whack at him until he pulls back his claw to throw a ground flame, and use evade. It will last just long enough to dodge the explosion. Then slap him again. Eventually he'll do his screen coating fire, but the summon circles give it away and all you have to do is duck. It takes a while, but you'll eventually wear him down without a scratch.

I'm not sure about the others, but I imagine a similar tactic will work with them too.

DC

Damon Caskey said:
eryson said:

eryson,

Cerberus can seem totally invincible at first, but if you watch, he always gives away the attack he's about to use with those pentagram summoning circles.

DC
my first run i lost all lives at cerberus, but figured that later, is great to see each boss have different a way to be defeated.

Damon Caskey said:
eryson said:

eryson,

Cerberus can seem totally invincible at first, but if you watch, he always gives away the attack he's about to use with those pentagram summoning circles. If you are playing as Ethan, stay on the bottom and whack at him until he pulls back his claw to throw a ground flame, and use evade. It will last just long enough to dodge the explosion. Then slap him again. Eventually he'll do his screen coating fire, but the summon circles give it away and all you have to do is duck. It takes a while, but you'll eventually wear him down without a scratch.

I'm not sure about the others, but I imagine a similar tactic will work with them too.

DC

Thank you for the tips!! I'll practise.

Castlevania is my favorite game series, and this more than does it justice. Very well done, and thank you very much for making such an awesome game. It might just be something on my end, but whenever I enter a new area, the player starts running automatically and doesn't stop until I push a button. Other than that, it's great. Thank you very much yet again.

eryson Hi, a bit late to said it but one of the vids in the official site gallery is about how to beat him, but playing as Sheeba (The video is in the first post of this topic too):
[youtube width=640]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXo7uNRaVX4[/MEDIA]
I recorded it before the game release for the people who have trouble with him, try not to stay too much time on the top platform, seems safe, but is dangerous if you can't go down on time xd.

@To everyone I'll be releasing one last update with more fixed bug at the end of this month, thanks again for all the comments I read them all :D . The game doesn't have a manual, but don't underestimate the "Tips" section in the official site, they can help a lot.

The game is amazing, I waited every moment until the launch. Do you have plans for a sequel?
I even finished it.

Crimsondeath  my nephew thought I bought this game at the store lol. You did a great job...I have paid $60 for games that are not hald as good as yours...love it plaays on my Playstation classic great! I love turning into the bat lol.

Awesome game!

We were trying to configure the controls and mapping them with a controller (it looked like it was weirdly mapped by default) and we ended up mapping the controls to a controller but then (since it came in conflict with other controls) it eventually ended up "disabling the controller access while the main controls are set as the controller"

Question: How can we revert the controls to default? w/o having to use the in-game options.

Note: I can't seem to find the game in Regedit

Thanks in advance!

eryson: OZ: Sword of Etheria xd.

dodoop: Nope sorry xd.
(but maybe... if I had a team that gives me a hand with it. I just can't continue the story I have on mind  using "borrowed" assets xd.)

Wombat2112: Lol, have fun I hope you can beat the Bloody Arena xD.

Lymerion: Just replace the original *.cfg file in the "Saves" folder from the zip file, with the one you have extracted to set default controls again, it works for me.

Crimsondeath said:
[
Wombat2112: Lol, have fun I hope you can beat the Bloody Arena xD.

Just had to go making things hard on me didn't you LOL...kidding of course. It's a pure masterpiece! I am going to go through it with every character eventually. I hope you will continue to make games because you have a natural talent for it. Congrats on making such a great mod!

Hi to everyone, sorry for the long absence. I updated the links with a new game version 1.2 with many bugs fixed. A "Gameplay edition" is ready too (comes without the song in the credits xd). More details about these changes in the "README" file.

Thanks for all the good reception and to Chronocrash forum for create the great OpenBOR :D .

Back
Top Bottom