Pocket Dimensional Clash 2

Complete Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 2.3

No permission to download
Project is completed.
I fell asleep and couldn't see the final results. Hehe good job :>
Thanks for stopping by :)

Shun'ei is not my cup of tea for tons of personal taste reasons.
BUT I'm always freaking glad to see the characters updates in your game.
I don't really like him either, especially his design—I think he has the worst look of all the KOF protagonists. There's a design concept called "overdesign"—the opposite of minimalism—where you try to cram in far more elements than the layout actually needs. Shun'ei is a prime example of this, as are those AI-generated flyers.

However, the spriter who created him is excellent (he's well-known in the MUGEN community), and since he had already finished the entire sprite sheet, I wanted to bring the character into the game.
 
Even I tend to think Shun'ei's design isn't particularly good.

I don't think it's common for even the protagonists of Japanese anime Isekai or students suffering from chuunibyo to have designs like that.

Since it's unfamiliar and the design is like that, I think it's a matter of personal preference.

In Korea, there is a term called "deudbojab = 듣보잡" (meaning someone who is unknown or unheard of), and it is used in exactly that situation.
 
I don't think it's common for even the protagonists of Japanese anime Isekai or students suffering from chuunibyo to have designs like that.
SNK has always based its protagonist designs on whatever trend was popular among young people at the time. Kyo has that 90s vibe, while K' embodies the "edgy" energy of the late 90s and early 2000s.
With this one, they tried to target a younger-than-usual demographic (specifically aiming to appeal more to female players) to refresh their fanbase; however, not only did older fans dislike it, but it doesn't seem to have been a hit with the younger crowd either.

I’m not a fan of Ash either (and I don't plan on including him in the game), but at least he managed to become famous for being hated. Shun'ei doesn't even have that going for him.

His team doesn't help matters, either: aside from Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun is terrible—I have absolutely no desire to play as a sleepy kid who uses a pillow to fight, lol.
1787589503274.png

To be honest, I dislike most of the new KOFXV characters; I consider Sylvie Paula Paula to have the worst design in SNK's history. Kukri and Najd are the only new character I actually like.
 
SNK has always based its protagonist designs on whatever trend was popular among young people at the time. Kyo has that 90s vibe, while K' embodies the "edgy" energy of the late 90s and early 2000s.
With this one, they tried to target a younger-than-usual demographic (specifically aiming to appeal more to female players) to refresh their fanbase; however, not only did older fans dislike it, but it doesn't seem to have been a hit with the younger crowd either.

I’m not a fan of Ash either (and I don't plan on including him in the game), but at least he managed to become famous for being hated. Shun'ei doesn't even have that going for him.

His team doesn't help matters, either: aside from Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun is terrible—I have absolutely no desire to play as a sleepy kid who uses a pillow to fight, lol.
View attachment 15780

To be honest, I dislike most of the new KOFXV characters; I consider Sylvie Paula Paula to have the worst design in SNK's history. Kukri and Najd are the only new character I actually like.
Still, I do think it is truly amazing to see users reinterpret and bring to life characters that left something to be desired in the original work.
 
Still, I do think it is truly amazing to see users reinterpret and bring to life characters that left something to be desired in the original work.
Yeah I don't think his moveset is bad. Also I liked the his sprites a lot.
The same spriter had made a cool K' too, which I should bring to the game in later updates.
 
It's gets better and better. 😂
Thanks!

All playable characters* - Pocket Dimensional Clash 3

"The real Multiverse of Madness," as some fans have called it :)
Pocket Dimensional Clash 3 is one of my favorite projects—I have a blast programming it.
A mix of Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Marvel, DC Comics, Captain Commando, Castlevania, and much more.

*could it be there some hidden ones? Who knows ;)
 
Shiki was a character we used as an enemy in Rugal's clone lab. However, a number of followers liked her and asked for her to be made playable In Pocket Dimensional Clash 3; since we already had the sprites, the process was much easier :)
Full video
 
Testing a passive ability for Wonder Woman: She will auto deflect bullets, costing a bit of MP, and some other stuff like knives and shurikens. Other projects like hadoukens, fireballs, lasers, etc...will hit her normally.

Btw this only happens if she is on the ground. If the projectile hits while she is in the air, she will get shot.
if she blocks the shoot, she won't lose MP but won't reflect the projectile.
 
Testing a passive ability for Wonder Woman: She will auto deflect bullets, costing a bit of MP, and some other stuff like knives and shurikens. Other projects like hadoukens, fireballs, lasers, etc...will hit her normally.

Btw this only happens if she is on the ground. If the projectile hits while she is in the air, she will get shot.
if she blocks the shoot, she won't lose MP but won't reflect the projectile.

Cool ability, but IMO way too situational to have that many limits, especially considering the chaotic nature of the game where you're often surrounded and cognitively overwhelmed. I'd just make her outright deflect any projectile when she'd idle and not have it cost her MP.

DC
 
Cool ability, but IMO way too situational to have that many limits, especially considering the chaotic nature of the game where you're often surrounded and cognitively overwhelmed. I'd just make her outright deflect any projectile when she'd idle and not have it cost her MP.
I dunno, this would make her immune to any projectile, and she can't deflect everything on comics. Also, I don't want to limit this feature to only when she is idling - she uses it once get hit (ondoattack).
 
Also, I don't want to limit this feature to only when she is idling - she uses it once get hit (ondoattack).

Sorry, when I said "idle", I meant as in, idle state, not idle animation - as in, what you're already doing. Stopping all projectiles wouldn't make her anything close to immune, because it's actually petty rare in a beat em' up to be not already busy punching, grabbing, getting get, jumping, etc..

Think of AI blocking when you have it at 100%. It still doesn't actually block all that much because it's almost never not taking another action already.

One random example I can think of not many people even know about is Jacky Bryant in the Virtua Fighter series. He automatically parries all incoming punches when idle, with an optional and unavoidable counter attack follow up. On paper, he's 100% immune to punching. In practice, most players don't even know he can do it.

DC
 
Sorry, when I said "idle", I meant as in, idle state, not idle animation - as in, what you're already doing. Stopping all projectiles wouldn't make her anything close to immune, because it's actually petty rare in a beat em' up to be not already busy punching, grabbing, getting get, jumping, etc..
Got it. Right now, she isn't limited to when she is idling only - she can reflect the projectiles in anytime, even if she is attacking.
 
We can finally reveal the new feature: a brand-new HUD packed with interesting elements!

- Animated score counter (rolling tally): instead of simply adding the new score to the old one, the numbers roll up to the new value, changing color as they reach the total.
- New health meter system: to stand out from typical games and pay homage to classic 8-bit titles, character health is now displayed via animated hearts that empty horizontally.
- Animated MP bar (WIP): still requires some fine-tuning and support for unique cases, such as characters with two MP bars (Reyaon) or three (Ryuu).
- Character names centered on the HUD.
- Independent HUD panel for each character: this completely disables the engine's native HUD, giving us greater control and making modifications easier.

All this complements the incredible character selection system, which features color customization on the select screen, random character selection, an in-game selection menu, and a lock mechanism to prevent accidental character selection while skipping cutscenes.

The entire concept and programming come from my friend @DCurrent —the engine's lead developer—demonstrating just how powerful the engine can be. Thanks so much for all the support!

A bit of gameplay with Ritcher Belmont on two stages I like a lot :)

PS: this video is already outdated and we will post a better one soon.
 
Another new character for Pocket Dimensional Clash 3 is complete: Wonder Woman!

Jhfer suggested bringing her into the game, edited all the sprites, and contributed various moveset ideas, while my role was to bring it all to life. I admit it was a challenge to balance her while also doing justice to her character.

We’ve included most of her iconic weapons:
Lasso of Truth (used to grab enemies), Bracelets of Victory (granting the passive ability to reflect most thrown melee weapons or standard firearm projectiles), Sword of Athena (used in combos), Shield of Themyscira (used to strike enemies during one of her specials), and the Royal Tiara (a razor-sharp throwing projectile for her hyper move).

We’ve also included several iconic color palettes, such as Classic, New 52, Artemis, Nubia, Donna Troy, Iara, etc.

Additionally, we are showcasing the finished version of the new HUD:
- The vast majority of the engine's native elements have been replaced by a custom, script-based version, allowing for much greater control.
- The MP bar is animated and features a green outline when fully charged.
- Empty slots for absent players feature an animated background.
- The hearts—which replace the standard health bar—flash red when health is low.
- Random defeat quotes to humiliate players when they lose a life, lol.
- The HUD works for all players, including CPU-controlled helpers.

Once again, a huge thank you to @DCurrent for all the effort put into taking this HUD to the next level!

 
Back
Top Bottom