• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

In Progress FINAL DOUBLE DRAGON

The project is currently under development.
The Combatribes
Woah, that's crazy! The Roster is 30+ characters now!

How hard would it be to make a "Character Select Screen" à la Street Fighter II?
I mean having an overview of the characters would be more convenient, I humbly believe.

Also the Combatribes team look much bigger than some other characters/enemies.
It feels like giants are fighting dwarves. ^^ Is it intended or do you plan to standardize the size of some characters? (Just a nitpick, really).

Anyways, Godspeed on your wonderful project: each update truly shows it's coming along nicely.

Last edited:
Boomer from Vendetta
Yesss! His signatures moves are there. Now a few things about the colors:

His yellow shirt in the original Vendetta had a more vibrant yellow, almost blazing. Same for his bluejean, the blue you selected is a bit drab. Make it shiny. ^^

I've tried to restrain myself not to talk about the shoes but couldn't :geek::

Boomer and Blood are characters who wear two-twone shoes; yellow & white shoes for Boomer / black & white shoes for Blood.

Konami was renowned fo putting much details into their games (backgrounds and characters). Maybe adding those niceties would make those sprites more faithful to the original? I've said maybe because I'm just a gamer and wonder if that kind of reasoning makes sense for a modder. Don't hesitate to educate me, folks. ^^

Anyways, keep it up gabo-hanzo!

Blade from Bad Dudes
Final Double Dragon
I like how you modernized Blade moveset, now he's fast and full of tricks. Great work @gabo-hanzo.

About the Boss Fight with the two giants with helmets/claws at "7:02" (vid sequence here).

I like the nice presentation and the cool music. Now I believe their sprite could be improved. Especially the helmet and the claws:

First the lower part of the helmet feels awkard, I mean the 3 big "prongs" reminds me of beevers; these rodents have big teeth, you know. ^^ Which means I can't take these bosses seriously when I think about this. ^^ Suggestion: Jagi from Hokuto no Ken had a fearsome helmet.

HNK_Jagi_mal0.jpg

Then maybe the claws feel too "angular", would it be possible to make them thiner and more stylish? I was thinking about something along the line of Street Fighter 2 Vega's Claw.

Again I apoligize about splitting hairs just for visual details. I sincerely hope you'll consider these reflections as they truly are: just constructive criticism.

Sincere Good luck on your wonderful mod.

Last edited:
What are you suggesting?

You can add "Rock 2" in your stage header:

rock {int}

• Optional.
    • 0 means nothing.
    • 1 means the level floats up and down slightly.
    • 2 will cause the stage to remain steady for a second or so, then quickly shake twice. Should resemble the steady rocking on a train ride.
    • 3 will cause the stage to shake with a constant, steady rumbling, with occasional 'hiccups'. This one looks like what you might feel if you were riding in a moving van or on top of a moving eighteen wheeler.

And add a hole here, between the train cars:
1693925739019.png

Ola Gabo! nice work!

I've beem playing a lot of your modules so far, and i like all of it

This one dont have a throw hit, when you grab an emeny and throw him in the direction of other enemies

Can i change someting in the files for it?

Love this mod man, playing it a lot

Ola Gabo! nice work!

I've beem playing a lot of your modules so far, and i like all of it

This one dont have a throw hit, when you grab an emeny and throw him in the direction of other enemies

Can i change someting in the files for it?

Love this mod man, playing it a lot
Hi!
I changed it since the game became very easy and not very fun with the option for the enemy to hit another with his body while he was being thrown.
Also in the Double Dragon it was always like this.

oh Gabo I download the demo and I say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! :love::love::love: nice new design suit for Billy and Jimmy and the others characters looks amazing!!!! I wanna wait the full game!

Back
Top Bottom