• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Sega Brawlers Megamix

In Progress Sega Brawlers Megamix(V6.8) 6.8

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.

DJGameFreakTheIguana

Some of you guys my already know this mod, some other might not. For the better part of 3 years, I've been working on and off of my main project. The game is meant to bring together many of Sega's characters into one big brawler game, completely different from what you get from a smash bros game, but I still worked in 2D plain stages like them. It features a roster of about 60 characters spanning from Sonic, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Guardian Heroes, and many other Sega titles, including guests like Earthworm Jim, Battletoads, all 2 versions of Rick Taylor from splatterhouse, and others.

Videos:
Sega Brawlers: Alliance Mode Stage 4
(Sonic & Sega Fan Game)Sega Brawlers Megamix Gameplay

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b4p4ba3czcut8dv/Sega_Brawlers_MegamixV5.6.zip

x)

Haven't done much with this game except work on a few characters, but here's one of the next upcoming entries, Kid Chameleon:
iab.gif

His attacks consist of him quickly changing into his other forms for their own attacks.

Also, I recorded a video of another entry, Undead Hero:
! No longer available

Thing are going slow, but still going.  8)

x)

8 of them, of course, he turns back to his original form after each attack. I could find his sprite sheet again and try to give him 3 more attacks(I put the sheet I'm using now together years ago), but I've also been wanting to play his game again. I only played it seriously once about a year or 2 ago and then just stopped. If anything, he was Sega's answer to both Mario and Kirby if you think about it. ;D

x)

I like this mod a lot. The only thing that bothers me very much is the clash of sytle. I often do not care about it if its on a low level, but on this mod is very high.

For example, the CVS sparks doesn't fits and clashes a lot. plus, you forgot to use the transparency (look at the black borders).

I'll fix the trans, but can you really blame me for the clash in sprites? My main goal was to do what no one else will do and make a crossover fighting game with characters from Sega, but all everyone else is interested in is Smash Bros and adding their own characters. In every Smash Bros fan game, Sonic and either Tails and Knuckles are the only Sega characters that make it into these games, with Crusade being the only one that featured another character which was Ristar. Which bring me to this next point. I look all over Deviantart to find people who are good at sprites, and 4/5 people either don't respond or don't want to, even with the few who reply, there's no guarantee that they will keep in contact, and a few of the haven't or decided not to sprite anymore. Yet, I look up videos of Super Smash fan games and find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRc39Icmm80

Not meaning to get mad or get into a rage or anything like that, I just would rather concentrate more on the concept of the game rather then have the clashes pointed out to me over and over again, as if I don't notice it, but I'd happily fix it if I could find people who could actually get the job done. While I am adding a lot of characters, this game had a lot more and the guys actually know who to make custom sprites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6KCSmyWdbY
that also pushes my point even further. 1 minute in that trailer and I've seen 4 Nintendo characters and many other Japanese characters, but IIRC, Sonic was the only playable Sega character in this game. It's as if people forget or ignore the other Sega characters, leaving me little choice.

Anyway, you show interest in the game despite that problem so why am I rambling...  ::)

x)

Don't get it personal, because it isn't.

Feedback discussions is something I am used to have on Mugen foruns. Some people can handle it, some people not, some people just accept sugar-coated feedback (OMFG NICE CHAR), some people like to give harsh feedback ("its sucks"), and so on...

I am known for to give honest and direct/straigthfoward feedback, because I think this helps the creator more than a OMFG NICE CHAR +1 (a common joke on mugen world). Without beeing harsh, just saying when something (on my opinion) is bad...is bad. I got some fans with that, I got some "enemies" thanks to that. Its life.

So, I am used to things like "but can you really blame me for the clash in sprites?" In a short answer: yes, since its you who put all of then togheter (they doesn't got togheter magically :) )

But I won't get on this type of discussion here, because I am a tad busy at my work. I will explain you my point someday if you have interest.

Don't see an enemy in me, because I am not.

terrific work always impressed with this mode and always have been for years just wondering if you could include zoop as a playable char http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0iClQaFC8M
perhaps chaken as well  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRzRwFS4zY

O Ilusionista said:
Don't get it personal, because it isn't.
I get that, but it did sound like I was taking it that way when I really wasn't. It's just that I seem to get people that criticize me on that without at least taking any consideration of my circumstance while making this game, so I tend to get a bit defensive about it, not even defensive really, cause it's not like I want to mix sprites like this, but if I didn't, this game wouldn't exist at all, then where would we be, you know? On the other hand, I've actually had someone tell me they're not interested just because the video he watched didn't cut it for him, I guess something wasn't showcased right or something. I know I can't please everyone but statements like that kinda baffles.
Anyway, I get you were trying to be constructive, so I'm not mad or anything.

ryomaneo said:
terrific work always impressed with this mode and always have been for years just wondering if you could include zoop as a playable char http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0iClQaFC8M
perhaps chaken as well  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRzRwFS4zY
I've planned on having Zool in since the start, but I wanted a few sprite edits to be done with him first, but I guess I could try coming up with something if I'm still not able to find anyone. Chaken however, has been in the game for a long time. If you saw my video of me testing Undead Hero, you would've seen him on the select screen, or if you've played the game in the past few years.  ;D

x)

Yo guys, I haven't posted much recently, but here's another character getting into the game: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n515/EarthwormJames/SBMMAstalSpriteSheet_zps9023fe95.png

Also, before this next release, I wanna get that character shop feature in this mod, but even after copying the scripts from Mixmasters, I still can't get the Gold counter to come up....

x)

That game is pretty cool. In factm, 32x have some beatiful games.
What about Tempo? Although those rips are from the Game Gear version http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_gear/tempojr/sheet/39535/

or here you can find the 32x ones http://spritedatabase.net/display.php?object=57

I always had plans for Tempo, he's just one of those guys on the waiting list, and yeah, Tempo was pretty cool to, but Astal was on the Sega Saturn.  8)

x)

Tried, and i still didn't work. I even played Mixmaster with the build I use, and the only problem was the game crashing when I hit an enemy, something about their takedamagescript, but the Gold counter still shows up under my character name.
I also tried spawning the gold item in Sega Brawlers to see what would happen when I pick it up, but it crashed because of the didhitscript, on both builds:
Code:
#import "data/scripts/aniScp.c"
//# i n clude "data/scripts/aniScp.c"

void main()
{
  void self = getlocalvar("self");
  void target = getentityproperty(self, "opponent");

void P1 = getplayerproperty(0, "entity"); //Get Player 1
  void P2 = getplayerproperty(1, "entity"); //Get Player 2
  void P3 = getplayerproperty(2, "entity"); //Get Player 3
  void P4 = getplayerproperty(3, "entity"); //Get Player 4
  int gld = rand()%20+getvdifficulty(1);
  if ( gld < 1 )
  {
    gld = -gld;
  }
  if (target == P1)
    { setvscore(0,getvscore(0)+gld); } else
    if (target == P2)
    { setvscore(1,getvscore(1)+gld); } else
    if (target == P3)
    { setvscore(2,getvscore(2)+gld); } else
    if (target == P4)
    { setvscore(3,getvscore(3)+gld); }
  drawguiforplayer(target);
}

The gold counter still came up on mixmasters anyway, so the build isn't even the issue. I did notice you get gold when killing enemies, so I copied the death script:
Code:
#import "data/scripts/aniScp.c"
#import "data/scripts/scr/gui.c"
//# i nclude "data/scripts/aniScp.c"
//# i nclude "data/scripts/scr/gui.c"

void main()
{
  int vSelf;
  if ( getlocalvar("self") ) { vSelf = getlocalvar("self"); }
  if ( vSelf != NULL() && getentityproperty(vSelf, "exists") ) {
    void target = getentityproperty(vSelf, "opponent");
    if ( target != NULL() && getentityproperty(target, "exists")) {
      void health = 0;
      void aParent = getentityproperty(target, "parent");
      int gold = 0;
      int allplrhealth = 0;
      int iChance = 0;
      int spawned = -1;
      int aentity = -1;
      void rname = randomallhealthitems(1);
      int P1 = -1;
      int P2 = -1;
      int P3 = -1;
      int P4 = -1;
      int aPointSys = 0;
      int aPointSysMax = 0;

//////////////Default settings//////////////
      if ( getentityproperty(vSelf, "maxhealth") ) { health = getentityproperty(vSelf, "maxhealth"); }
      allplrhealth = gethealthpercentageforallplayers(1);
      gold = health/10;

//////////////Get all players//////////////
      if ( getplayerproperty(0, "entity") ) { P1 = getplayerproperty(0, "entity"); } //Get Player 1
      if ( getplayerproperty(1, "entity") ) { P2 = getplayerproperty(1, "entity"); }//Get Player 2
      if ( getplayerproperty(2, "entity") ) { P3 = getplayerproperty(2, "entity"); }//Get Player 3
      if ( getplayerproperty(3, "entity") ) { P4 = getplayerproperty(3, "entity"); }//Get Player 4

//////////////Get player save settings//////////////
      if ( target == P1 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(0); }
      if ( target == P2 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(1); }
      if ( target == P3 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(2); }
      if ( target == P4 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(3); }
      if ( aParent == P1 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(0); }
      if ( aParent == P2 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(1); }
      if ( aParent == P3 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(2); }
      if ( aParent == P4 ) { aPointSysMax = getvMaxAPoint(3); }
      aPointSysMax = aPointSysMax + 31;

//////////////Add to All Player Special(A-Point)//////////////
      if ( target == P1 ||
           target == P2 ||
           target == P3 ||
           target == P4  )
      {
        if ( getentityvar(target, 2) != NULL() ) { aPointSys = getentityvar(target, 2); }
        aPointSys++;
        if ( aPointSys < aPointSysMax ) { setentityvar(target, 2,aPointSys); }
      }
      if ( getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P1 ||
           getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P2 ||
           getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P3 ||
           getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P4  )
      {
        if ( getentityvar(getentityproperty(target, "parent"), 2) != NULL() ) { aPointSys = getentityvar(getentityproperty(target, "parent"), 2); }
          aPointSys++;
          if ( aPointSys < aPointSysMax ) { setentityvar(getentityproperty(target, "parent"), 2,aPointSys); }
      }

if (target == P1 || getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P1 )
    { setvscore(0,getvscore(0)+gold); } else
    if (target == P2 || getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P2 )
    { setvscore(1,getvscore(1)+gold); } else
    if (target == P3 || getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P3)
    { setvscore(2,getvscore(2)+gold); } else
    if (target == P4 || getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P4)
    { setvscore(3,getvscore(3)+gold); }

//log(" \n Death Spawn Name "+rname);

//////////Spawn Health Items//////////////
  if (allplrhealth > 90)
  {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (95 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  } else
  if (allplrhealth > 50)
  {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (47 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  } else
  if (allplrhealth < 20)
  {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (2 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  } else {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (87 - (health/30))) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  }

///////////Spawn Mana Items///////////////////
  allplrhealth = getmppercentageforallplayers(1);
  rname = randomallmpitems(1);
  if (allplrhealth > 90)
  {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (94 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  } else
  if (allplrhealth > 50)
  {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (60 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  } else
  if (allplrhealth < 20)
  {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (27 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  } else {
    iChance = rand()%100;
    if (iChance > (87 - (health/30)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  }

/////////////Spawn Special Items//////////////////
  rname = randomallmiscitems(1);
  iChance = rand()%100;
  if (iChance > (93 - (health/95)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }
  rname = randomallbasicitems(1);

/////////////Basic Items/////////////
  iChance = rand()%100;
  if (iChance > (77 - (health/60)) ) { spawned = spawnentity( rname,0,0,0,0 ); }

/////////////Gui Update/////////////
  /*
  if ( getentityproperty(target, "type") == openborconstant("TYPE_Player") )
  {
    dogui(target);
  }

if ( getentityproperty( getentityproperty(target, "parent"), "type") == openborconstant("TYPE_Player") )
  {
    dogui( getentityproperty(target, "parent") );
  }
  */

if ( target == P1 ||
       target == P2 ||
       target == P3 ||
       target == P4  )
  { dogui(target); } else

if ( getentityproperty(target, "type") == openborconstant("TYPE_Player") )
    if ( getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P1 ||
       getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P2 ||
       getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P3 ||
       getentityproperty(target, "parent") == P4  )
  { dogui(getentityproperty(target, "parent")); }
    }
  }
  //spawnentity( "as",0,0,0,0 );
  //log(" Death 1");
}

I put it on an enemy but killing him crashed the game, and all the log says is "There's an exception while executing script 'ondeathscript' data/chars/Bruce/AntonioE.txt"

I'll post the script log but I have to upload it on another site, it's really big:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jcby81r8ghtbbmr/ScriptLog.txt

x)

Bloodbane said:
Sorry, I meant openborlog not scriptlog
Ok, then that's up there in bold.
Anyway, about the gold counter, I did disable the script from the hand character but the counter still came up, so maybe the script related to the engine, but which script is what I need to know.

x)

I need the whole openborlog.txt cause the real error message is posted somewhere above the bold text you quoted here

NewV3.4 has been uploaded, if anyone here feels like playing this over again. This new version introduces Kid Chameleon, and 3 other secret characters:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b6wuqpsndsobmdi/Sega_Brawlers_Megamix(NewV3.4).RAR

I actually got this done months ago but I found a bug so I didn't release it, then got to working on other projects and playing new games I bought and forgot. I never did find out what caused the bug, it kept saying a file called "flght" wasn't cached in the models file, but none of the characters in the stage had such file. Finally, I changed half the characters in the stage to other ones and I haven't ran into the bug since.

For the next update, I gave up on trying to find the script from MixMaster and decided to just crack up a copy of the mod and replace all it's files with mine from Sega brawlers, so it'll take a while for me to transfer(as in when I finally get to it).

x)

Back
Top Bottom