• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android)

In Progress Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android) Beta 27

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
So, I had some free time today and decided to redraw the logos myself. I upscaled all 3 logos to have similar proportions. I tried my best to keep the logos as close as possible to the originals, no smoothing or stretching. All the logos are ripped by me from the original games. I attached the original and the upscale versions of the 3 logos + a preview of how they look like together.

View attachment 7639
Good job friend, I really appreciate your help. The only problem is that the original SOR1 logo should be resized around +25% to match SOR2 and 3, and unfortunately if I try to reduce your resized version to match this size it will cause distortions. It's required because the game's resolution is 480x272.
This is the same issue I had with all the SOR1 levels, which forced me to rebuild every level sprite manually.

What I had in mind is to rebuild the original SOR1 logo (178x100px) adding +25%. This difference may be easier to achieve in higher resolutions like the one you used (1202x675) due to the pixel size, but when reduced in 25% (301x169) the distortion immediately appears.

Yeah, I see the problem. The game's internal resolution is too low to play around with different sizes without using filters. Yeah, I guess there's no way around it besides redraw the logo manually if you want to have the same look.

Unrelated, because I'm using Reshade, i get this red tint (sometimes light green) only in the menu. Screenshot 2024-04-07.png
I will test this Reshade on my other PC with dedicated GPU, my handheld uses Intel iGPU, maybe that's the issue.

Bug in stage 3C, enemies are visible behind the solid wall
Indeed this is an intentional feature to allow players to partially see behind some front layers. This is helpful to mainly see items and weapons on the ground, or to prevent enemies from hiding behind it.
You can see the same effect in other levels too, like the SOR2 Stage 1 Bar. I only didn't add this effect in some thin columns and grids.

Unrelated, because I'm using Reshade, i get this red tint (sometimes light green) only in the menu. View attachment 7648
I will test this Reshade on my other PC with dedicated GPU, my handheld uses Intel iGPU, maybe that's the issue.
The title screen is made using a short webm video, maybe this can be the cause.

Indeed this is an intentional feature to allow players to partially see behind some front layers. This is helpful to mainly see items and weapons on the ground, or to prevent enemies from hiding behind it.
You can see the same effect in other levels too, like the SOR2 Stage 1 Bar. I only didn't add this effect in some thin columns and grids.

The title screen is made using a short webm video, maybe this can be the cause.
I thought it could be a bug because some levels have solid walls, same area too. So wasn't so sure.

About the menu, I think you're right. Because when I was using the old build of Reshade (SweetFX) the intro was also not working, it was just a black screen (same with menu). But that was fixed when I updated to the latest Reshade. I will give an update if this happens or doesn't happen on Nvidia.

The red tint still persists even on my AMD/Nvidia PC with dedicated GPU. Also the VBOX build no longer opens on my older Skylake/Nvidia PC, not sure what caused this, but i did also install Reshade for that, maybe that could be the cause. For now i'll stick to the regular (PAK) build on the older device.

The red tint still persists even on my AMD/Nvidia PC with dedicated GPU. Also the VBOX build no longer opens on my older Skylake/Nvidia PC, not sure what caused this, but i did also install Reshade for that, maybe that could be the cause. For now i'll stick to the regular (PAK) build on the older device.
Sorry friend, unfortunately I can't help too much with external apps.

The red tint still persists even on my AMD/Nvidia PC with dedicated GPU. Also the VBOX build no longer opens on my older Skylake/Nvidia PC, not sure what caused this, but i did also install Reshade for that, maybe that could be the cause
Try to delete the "saves" folder, maybe during the Reshade installation it corrupted some files.

Okay so bizarrely the game will work just fine if I remove the Reshade files (skylake pc) so I'm not sure what's happening, I tried deleting the saves folder before attempting this that method also did not work. I also tried disabling vsync in Nvidia control panel and the games options, but no luck.

Okay so bizarrely the game will work just fine if I remove the Reshade files
Maybe there's some incompatibility between OpenBOR and the Reshade, which wouldn't be strange once the engine was not programmed to work with it.

@SRC267

remember to test re-shade's effects with both "video backend"s, most openbor games (for some reason) have better audio syncronization - on certain stages that feature such thing - if you use SDL instead of OpenGL, and on one old machine SDL feels way smoother -

bit related , some emulators where i have done tests with re-shade, the opengl versions of some filters or features dont work well..... in my case it seems that one of my machines have "fake" opengl 3 compatibility (the graphic card)

Okay so bizarrely the game will work just fine if I remove the Reshade files (skylake pc) so I'm not sure what's happening, I tried deleting the saves folder before attempting this that method also did not work. I also tried disabling vsync in Nvidia control panel and the games options, but no luck.
@SRC267

remember to test re-shade's effects with both "video backend"s, most openbor games (for some reason) have better audio syncronization - on certain stages that feature such thing - if you use SDL instead of OpenGL, and on one old machine SDL feels way smoother -

bit related , some emulators where i have done tests with re-shade, the opengl versions of some filters or features dont work well..... in my case it seems that one of my machines have "fake" opengl 3 compatibility (the graphic card)
You could be right, because when I tried to switch to SDL, I just got a black screen (in full screen mode) and a white screen on window mode. Whilst reshade was installed. I will now try SDL without reahade then switch it on and see how it goes.

Maybe there's some incompatibility between OpenBOR and the Reshade, which wouldn't be strange once the engine was not programmed to work with it.
Most definitely. I mean it works for the most part with modern PCs; it works for 2 of mine, just not the 2015 Skylake PC

Yea, so try to change it to SDL even with the Reshade files removed still triggers a black screen or white screen, I suspect this is definitely an issue with VBOX version + old hardware. I'll try the PAK build.

Kratus updated Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android) with a new update entry:

Beta 27

### BETA 27 ###

- Game: Allow more variations for "doubled" enemies (instead of only Galsia/Donovan) for 3-4 players or 2x enemies.
- Game: Increased the max group limit from 4 to 5 in most spawn points in the SOR1/2/3 routes.
- Game: Minor adjustments in some fire effects.
- Game: Minor adjustments in SOR3 Electra's palette.
- Game: Minor fixes in the "external folder" music scripts.
- Game: Minor fixes in some "fall" animations.
- Game: Added centiseconds to gas/bomb countdown.
- Game...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I feel like I forgot what button is Start because every button I've tried at the title screen of the new release exits the game.
Hi friend, happens on Windows or Android?

EDIT: I tested both right now and are working fine on my devices.

Last edited:
Start is working fine for me on both platforms. Although I wanted to test the music bug fix, but didn't see a vbox build. Unless we can move the "data.sor" with the new sorx.exe?

Back
Top Bottom