• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Night Slashers X Rebalanced

In Progress Night Slashers X Rebalanced, 23A and variants info - Plasmid DNA in them vials edition.... 1.31

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
A little announcement:

i am re-learning Blender,
after getting tired of the results i get drawing things by hand, & the fact that the "easy" task of making dynamic displays has blown to 400 original illustrations, i have no choice but to use 3D models -

I appreciate & prefer hand drawn stuff, but without a drawing tablet i get results that are not consistent, my only option left is 3D modeling & rigging.

hopefully i get results that can look similar & not crash with the original art, so this means that there are probably going to be no updates for this year at all.

A little announcement:

i am re-learning Blender,
after getting tired of the results i get drawing things by hand, & the fact that the "easy" task of making dynamic displays has blown to 400 original illustrations, i have no choice but to use 3D models -

I appreciate & prefer hand drawn stuff, but without a drawing tablet i get results that are not consistent, my only option left is 3D modeling & rigging.

hopefully i get results that can look similar & not crash with the original art, so this means that there are probably going to be no updates for this year at all.

Blender proved too much for me in the short term, but I've no doubt some dedicated study is all it takes to get going. Good luck!

DC

I'm not sure about mixing up 3D with such game concept, particularly with very classic 2D of the 90s
But interesting.

Oh ! If you mean as a BASE to sprite OVER.
Yes, definitely, 3D is great, and will look good.
Well, hopefully i wont have to re-draw too much,
i just went trough an overview of cloth & hair materials - even boob physics o_O
if i make a good use of these tools it may bring some improvements to monsters like the werewolves or new characters.

and most certainly beats learning to sprite like this:

Well, hopefully i wont have to re-draw too much,
i just went trough an overview of cloth & hair materials - even boob physics o_O
if i make a good use of these tools it may bring some improvements to monsters like the werewolves or new characters.

and most certainly beats learning to sprite like this:

Sorry if I missed it, what is the most recent version of Night Slashers you recommend?

@GameOver ,
Widescreen 21C if you want a challenge,
rebalanced for the game modes and a couple of new creatures.

currently i am spending a week learning blender and then another trying to fix some things on 21C, like restoring some level things the arcade featured.
With luck i should be able to sneak in a couple of surprises.

I wish i could concentrate on the blender stuff, but i found out that if don't keep practicing the openborstuff i really get rusty and forget even basic things.

@GameOver ,
Widescreen 21C if you want a challenge,
rebalanced for the game modes and a couple of new creatures.

currently i am spending a week learning blender and then another trying to fix some things on 21C, like restoring some level things the arcade featured.
With luck i should be able to sneak in a couple of surprises.

I wish i could concentrate on the blender stuff, but i found out that if don't keep practicing the openborstuff i really get rusty and forget even basic things.

Great!!!!
Is this where I should check for future updates if they are offered?

that's right
Moving at the speed of science ....

i really like that it was a happy accident that the game features
GRRL power vibes -...

Bob Roos would be proud...

Last edited:
that's right
Moving at the speed of science ....

i really like that it was a happy accident that the game features
GRRL power vibes -...

Bob Roos would be proud...

Wow! I can see some progress!
Also I like the select character screen! And new title screen.

What this game would need now is perhaps a bit of animation diversity (Aska need more sprites - frankenspriting would be a good option since the souce game have very limited amount of animations)

Is there an up to date demo?

Wow! I can see some progress!
Also I like the select character screen! And new title screen.

What this game would need now is perhaps a bit of animation diversity (Aska need more sprites - frankenspriting would be a good option since the souce game have very limited amount of animations)

Is there an up to date demo?
Its rebalance version 1.31 - there is a version out there that is editable (the one released by Life of end has some weird bug that "locks" the pak)
i don't share the link on this forum because i don't know if Life of Finale would like it to be editable.

i am looking at what can be merged for version '22 along with the new content i have -

reguarding the select screen & the new intro, i will leave that to Life of finale -
there is also problems with the moveset menus in 4 player mode.
personally I believe that NS is sort of "Anti-Castlevania" and so i think no Konami content should be used - but whatever content or fixes i make are up for the taking & anynone can do their own thing if they wish

have not heard from Life of Finale on a while so i don't know if his module is supposed to be edited or not - last communication we talked about how the new AI fits his endurance game-modes better

i am busy currently trying to restore some details & think that's probably it for this year tho -

AND - moving at the speed of science its not necessarily a good thing folks.......

Reactions: NED
it is the doom of men that they forget....

an interesting take on why so many cultures seem to hold similar rituals 'round these times

Last edited:
Here is a very weird edition of Night Salshers -
it seems that it's a version i saw long ago optimized for Dreamcast, but i was not abel to find a DW link at the time...

Some thoughts on future aesthetic features i would like to ad to the game.

One thing i really liked back in the day, was those detailed & elaborate animations featured in the King's quest games:

& as you know , most of the beathemup genre features those types of "speech bubbles/screens".

i am sure that the task was truly a work of art, and of inmense concentration, dedication & talent.

fortunately , technology is making the job easier:

i hoping the work comes out good enough to seem "real"

"variant" news

i got to say, if this is an image from the re-make,

0hong.jpg

i hope the mechanics are good, it would be nice to see something like the lord of the rings mechanics (2 towers or return of the king) come back, and those games where hack & slash , more apt to the game's title

• Wow
"variant" news

i got to say, if this is an image from the re-make,

View attachment 2445

i hope the mechanics are good, it would be nice to see something like the lord of the rings mechanics (2 towers or return of the king) come back, and those games where hack & slash , more apt to the game's title
Soul Calibur 6 Custom character?
I'm curious why it's named "remake" ? (I'm curious of the source, because this is not an actual new game.)

What will be the use of this character? This SC6 "create a soul" character use Hwang move set.

@NED

its been about a year since there was an announcement of a remake by "Forever enternainment" - they where also in charge of
a panzer dragoon remake:

and remake for house of the dead:

the only beat them up type game that forever ent. had at the time is something that resembles the new battletoads...
so i hope they don't mess it up and make it a "flash" type deal

last night found the images on searchx and the tweets did not load, and managed to save the image using right click, but you are right @NED, they are soulcalibur 6 images, unfortunately....

the tweet is up right now:

that said it is a very good charater creation, and i hope the re-make is at the very least above this level of quality

Back
Top Bottom