• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Streets of Rage 4

That mod into Skate looks so official in design! Skate looks like he's skating without wheels this time. LOL

Sorry, my keyboard just became wack a little while ago. Everytime I press the left shift key, it highlights everything in a single paragraph all the way to the left from the spacebar position. I probably will restart my computer and check the result.

Why is he staking around with no skates? 😢
Basically, The creator just wanted to get rid of skates/rollerblade.
But since there is still not way to edit numger of frames of animation, work with velocities etc. We have to stick to sprite swapping.

Another limit is the "size" of each "sprite". If you add a too bigger sprite or too small, the axis/allignement will be f* up ^^;
I did some experiment to replace Estel with a custom drawn character (since I definitely don't like this character design) and it's a nightmare to work with axis.

This is why many sprite swaps are a bit unstable in SOR4 modding community.
At list this one is very stable... even if the lack of frames make it strange^^

Why is he staking around with no skates? 😢
Hello, I know this thread is very much dead, but I'd like to answer this commonly asked question. My idea was to have Eddie "skate" on his Ki (similarly to how Shiva slides on his). It's a technique I've seen a few characters do in other games. One I can instantly think of is a character named Tsuruhime from Sengoku Basara:

I suppose I'm just not a good enough artist to properly convey that idea.

@RBxD1zzY It would be better if you just drew some skates on him, staking on Ki I don't think is a good idea, even if they are retractable inline skates that only pop out in the run animation, you are a brilliant artist by the way.

Back
Top Bottom