• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate

Complete Double Dragon Reloaded alternate - Updated version! 5.1.1

No permission to download
Project is completed.
Ok, so Marian delivers Marian at the end of the game? May you live happily forever :D
It's a great thing to have her in the playable list of fighters, congratulations for a great job ;)

I'll consider upgrading her myself in the future.
But don't expect it soon.
You guys know how slow I am.
And small is my time.

Ok, so Marian delivers Marian at the end of the game? May you live happily forever :D
It's a great thing to have her in the playable list of fighters, congratulations for a great job ;)
Yeah.. interesting, isn't it? 😁
Actually i originally wanted for her and maybe some others too some different ending situation and also add some other things in general, but in the end i had to rush things and i just let it as it is. Oh well ☺️
I actually should also have updated the in-game credits to include you for the sprites and in my rush i forgot that too.
Right now i will reupload a minor fix update that i did last night before sleep, which should fix some layer issues that randomly might sometimes happen on the select screen, and then i will at least update the download page to give you some credits for the sprites.

Edit: By the way can someone test the game on android? Because last night i also found out that the select screen while is working normally on my ipad, it is not working properly on my iphone for some reason by skiping characters and such. Really strange.
So i would really appreciate if someone can tell me if the select screen is working fine on android too. I will wait a bit with the minor layer fix update then since i might have to look more on the select screen stuff.

Last edited:
I was testing the select screen with build 6391 on my android (Samsung Galaxy A12), the same build I play Mr.Q! uses for his UDD mod. I can confirm it works on my end. I really like the diagonal movement, and what's really funny is that when I press diagonal DF around at Ted Dibiase's place, I can go to Sonny. You press UF on Billy and then you go to Ultimate Warrior. DB on Kunio and you go to Willy. I think it's got to do with command input within models based on the player lineup in order from models.txt, but it's really nice. I like how it is going.

I wonder how player 2 could start its specific location in the select screen like when you press start as player 2, you start with Kunio instead of Billy2.

I was testing the select screen with build 6391 on my android (Samsung Galaxy A12), the same build I play Mr.Q! uses for his UDD mod. I can confirm it works on my end. I really like the diagonal movement, and what's really funny is that when I press diagonal DF around at Ted Dibiase's place, I can go to Sonny. You press UF on Billy and then you go to Ultimate Warrior. DB on Kunio and you go to Willy. I think it's got to do with command input within models based on the player lineup in order from models.txt, but it's really nice. I like how it is going.

I wonder how player 2 could start its specific location in the select screen like when you press start as player 2, you start with Kunio instead of Billy2.
Yeah i made it so that if you keep pressing just up or down that you remain in the same vertical column. While for the horizontal movement which is just use the default unedited keys, it will skip to next column when reaching the edges of the grid horizontal.
With 2 players it will start as it normally would. If p1 is billy, then p2 will start as billy2. If p1 is anything else, then p2 will start as billy.
The real player order is from billy to dibiase counting horizontal.

Almost forgot, thanks for the testing, that‘ good to know!

I forgot to tell you this that in stage 2, after Jeff was defeated while you had your option to select your character after you lost lives, your selected character appeared but the stage started to end quickly without moving to the elevating platform. Sorry for the late report, man.

I forgot to tell you this that in stage 2, after Jeff was defeated while you had your option to select your character after you lost lives, your selected character appeared but the stage started to end quickly without moving to the elevating platform. Sorry for the late report, man.
Don’t worry, i‘m aware of that. With some weird timing sometimes something like that might happen. If i remember correctly i intentionally made the stage to rather end like that instead of just hanging in the rare cases something like that happens.
So that’s fine but thanks anyway.

Always happy to see this getting new updates, it's definitely my favorite OpenBOR game by far.

Combining one of my childhood favorites in Double Dragon with one of my chilldhood favorite shows the late 80s early 90s WWF era was a perfect mixture, adding your polish and the overall perfect "feel" to your gameplay has culminated in something that really resonates with me.

No matter what the future holds, I will always be watching this project in hopes that more is added, even if where its at right now is still perfect.

Thank you Magggas

Always happy to see this getting new updates, it's definitely my favorite OpenBOR game by far.

Combining one of my childhood favorites in Double Dragon with one of my chilldhood favorite shows the late 80s early 90s WWF era was a perfect mixture, adding your polish and the overall perfect "feel" to your gameplay has culminated in something that really resonates with me.

No matter what the future holds, I will always be watching this project in hopes that more is added, even if where its at right now is still perfect.

Thank you Magggas
Thanks a lot man, i hope you will enjoy the new version!

Hello, Can I play this with Mame emulator? If so what version? Hope someone can point me to the right version. I downloaded the 5.1.1 and looking into mame0254b 64 bit.

Hello, Can I play this with Mame emulator? If so what version? Hope someone can point me to the right version. I downloaded the 5.1.1 and looking into mame0254b 64 bit.

Welcome to the community @Jairzinho. As for playing the game, you're way off base. This is an OpenBOR powered game. It's not a ROM hack and has absolutely nothing to do with Mame.

There's an executable file you should see after unpacking the download. Assuming you're in a Windows environment, all you have to do is run that and the game starts.

1682914375130.png

HTH,
DC

Hello DC, my apologies. I was not even aware about the OpenBOR software and I think it is a great solution! I thank you for showing the root in how to place the game file. I guess it is time to learn how to play this game with the extra moves that are now offered with combination of the former DD1, 2 & 3. Great job with this production and manufacturing! On my next paycheck I will donate to the cause for you guys to continue developing OpenBOR and probably this DD version. =) By the way, thank you for the swift response this forum offers! Jair

Hey, @magggas congratulations on creating the final version Double Dragon Reloaded!
That's seriously impressive, and I can only imagine the blood, sweat, and tears you poured into this project.
It's a massive achievement!
Developing this kinda of game is no walk in the park, and the fact that you saw it through from start to finish is incredible.
I bet there were countless late nights, tough challenges, and moments where you wondered if it would all come together.
It's clear that you poured your heart and soul into making this game a reality.

Congratulations once again on this amazing achievement.
May your future projects be just as successful and fulfilling.

Yeah.. interesting, isn't it? 😁
Actually i originally wanted for her and maybe some others too some different ending situation and also add some other things in general, but in the end i had to rush things and i just let it as it is. Oh well ☺️
I actually should also have updated the in-game credits to include you for the sprites and in my rush i forgot that too.
Right now i will reupload a minor fix update that i did last night before sleep, which should fix some layer issues that randomly might sometimes happen on the select screen, and then i will at least update the download page to give you some credits for the sprites.

Edit: By the way can someone test the game on android? Because last night i also found out that the select screen while is working normally on my ipad, it is not working properly on my iphone for some reason by skiping characters and such. Really strange.
So i would really appreciate if someone can tell me if the select screen is working fine on android too. I will wait a bit with the minor layer fix update then since i might have to look more on the select screen stuff.
If the character is designed as Marian's sister going to save Marian, it all makes sense.

I said this already in the rating game section but, I had so much fun playing this version, I just hope later on The Road Warriors and Demolition are added, cheers!

I thought that I saw online some older versions of this game where Jeff was a playable character. Did I imagine that, or was he taken out in later versions? I always wanted to play as him because he used to terrify me in the arcade days.

Back
Top Bottom