• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.

Download Issues

NED

Thanks for the precisions @DCurrent
I didn't even noticed the DL button on the threads.
I naturally thought is was only to DL from ressources area.
Like in the early days of Lavalit. (old memories, not sure)

And sure, I like the idea the files will not be lost because of inactivity or removal process from 3rd party host.

EDIT : I know this is not the right place to ask about it, but I cannot DL this game from here. Actually many dowloads I try from here crashes after 60-100mb.
And there is no way to resume a crashed one. I still can DL small mods, but for this one it just doesn't work for me.
I litterally relaunched the DL 15 times or 20. I have a collection of "failed-completed" DL of this mod of various sizes 75mb, 82mb, 30mb when I'm not lucky.
I usually never have this kind of DL problem. This is the only place.
Is there a specific method to download a file here without having to launch it again 20 times ? thanks.

Last edited:
Splitting this off from the Eternal Champions thread. @NED, this is the first I've heard of download issues. I can download anything I want and there's nothing special about my connection. I also see literal hundreds of downloads in the records by others.

It does seem more like the problem is on your end, maybe with a cache or permission issue concerning site. Send us as many details as you can. Screenshots, web console error logs, etc. and maybe we can figure something out.

DC

• Wow
Reactions: NED
@danno @DCurrent
OK I might have done a bad move when first connecting here since we moved. (I think I never logged out since it)
I remember I might have refused some "do you allow" message (cookies perhaps or something - I'm definitely not an expert)

And for some time, I had to use a specific way to access the forum content (even if I was logged) Because I had some random error messages.

I will try to log out and log again hopefully the website will ask me again to accept cookies/conditions. (and I will allow them)
If I'm not back, it means I lost my password etc. ^^;

EDIT : I relogged, the problem doesn't seems to be that bad now.
I completed the download after only 2 tries this time.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue, been trying to download 2 different games now and always fail just like he says, and they work at a very, very slow speed at that. Any fix or ideas on what to do? How did you fix/make it work better?. I tried a separate browser, and download managers, neither seemed to actually work. It doesn't help the download works differently than other sources (like it can't resume). I restarted the pc, and even used different wifi router to try it.

@Aldenf,

The problem is we can't reproduce your error, so there's nothing to diagnose on our end. That basically means we're just guessing. One problem I do see right off the bat is using download managers. Don't do that, they tend to cause more problems than they solve. At best, it's introducing even more moving parts into the question.

My first move would be clearing the cache and turning off all the bells and whistles. Ad blockers, download managers, and so on. I'm a purest - plain old browser with no plug ins, and I never have any problems. Beyond that I'm just not sure. I do this for a living, and at this point if it were one of my clients I'd be telling them it was time for an in person visit. Try sending us some screenshots, and maybe there's some clue we can see.

DC

Screenshots of what? I tried with, and without download managers, tried from a clean install of edge browser, no plugins, nothing, no adblockers, still works just as bad. I don't run any vpn or anything weird. Just adblockers and again tried on a browser without any installed (the edge install) still same issue. Also, I want to repeat, tried with and without download managers, since sometimes they help speed up the download, if the source of the file works with them.

Hi, i´m new here. I´m having the same downloading problem. Tried Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge, and the files stop randomly between 100 and 110 MB. Tried with a download manager with no succes.

Welcome to the forum @Leandro F..

Wish I could find some commonality here between people having issues. I've done test downloads of 300mb files without any problems from multiple locations, VPNs, and even intentionally throttled connections. Larger file are sometimes a pain to upload, but I've never once had a problem downloading.

Is your URL https? You can log in with http, but a lot of things will give you trouble if you do. That's the only thing I can think off right at the moment.

DC

Some good news and bad news on this.

Good news is I can finally reproduce the error - as of half an hour ago I'm having the same problems as everyone else, and more importantly I'm having them consistently. Downloads start up, run for 20-60 seconds and then die without throwing an error.

Bad news is what I just said - there's no error, and I didn't change anything at all to cause the failures on my end. IOW I'm still flying blind. I've taken every possible step I can think of to no avail. I have a ticket open with the Xenforo people. They already gave one suggestion (turn off zlib.output_compression), but that wasn't it.

If you see any weird behaviors in the next couple of days, that's me tinkering around. I'll keep you apprised on any findings.

DC

...not much coming from XenForo so I did the unthinkable and called my host, knowing exactly what I'd get. Sure enough, someone who knows absolutely jack spit and only wanted to up-sell from Basic to Professional. Bonus points, I AM on their Professional Plan, which just goes to show how much they actually pay attention.

So, I told them to f*** off and I'll be moving to a new host that comes well recommended. I don't know if that will solve the Download problem, but it will remove a moving part from the mystery.

DC

For anyone who is not aware exactly what the issue is. Download files are NOT corrupted. They. Are. Not. Corrupted. Let me be clear, the download files are not corrupted. Also, downloads are not corrupted. The files are all safe and sound, and I've even direct downloaded several in question to make sure.

What's happening is very simple: The download is cut off before it is able to complete, but there's no error thrown, so your machine thinks the download finished successfully. It's only when you try to decompress it sees parts are missing. That's when you get erroneous corruption errors.

As yet I don't know why the downloads are timing out, but per my previous post I am switching to a (hopefully) better host. This will require me to cut off access to the forum, so I'll let you know soon as I have a timetable for the transfer.

DC

For anyone who is not aware exactly what the issue is. Download files are NOT corrupted. They. Are. Not. Corrupted. Let me be clear, the download files are not corrupted. Also, downloads are not corrupted. The files are all safe and sound, and I've even direct downloaded several in question to make sure.

What's happening is very simple: The download is cut off before it is able to complete, but there's no error thrown, so your machine thinks the download finished successfully. It's only when you try to decompress it sees parts are missing. That's when you get erroneous corruption errors.

As yet I don't know why the downloads are timing out, but per my previous post I am switching to a (hopefully) better host. This will require me to cut off access to the forum, so I'll let you know soon as I have a timetable for the transfer.

DC
Yes, basically what I described.
This is why before, several times I discovered 2 or 3 days later in my DL folder that the mods or contents I downloaded before were not successfully downloaded.

No rush for the move, I hope the next host one will be more stable :)

Thanks DC for taking this problem in consideration :)

Thanks!

I can confirm the download area works perfectly.
I even tried some "stress test" (not sure of the word.)
with a +300MB and 100MB file together.

No more interrupted DL, no more problem.
The old host was really not serious I think.

The old host was really not serious I think.

That's how it goes. I started using them in 2006 after a previous host ticked me off one too many times. They were fantastic back then. Bandwidth galore, tech support on tap, and no downtime issues to speak of. Over time they just got worse and worse though, especially on the support front. Instead of solving problems they started trying to up-sell you.

Nobody could figure out where the time outs were coming from. I'm a Technology Officer over my entire University Division and I couldn't track it down. The Xenforo people were just as clueless. What did the host say? Upgrade to the Business Plan, which as mentioned above, I already had. Their answer to that? Oh, our bad... just buy the ultimate plan then, that will fix it.

That was it, they'll not see another dime from me.

DC

I ran some tests and everything is fine now. =D Thanks so much DCurrent for all the good work! \o/ The forum is also faster to navigate. =)

Back
Top Bottom