• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
GI JOE - Attack On Cobra Island

Complete GI JOE 1.0.0

No permission to download
Project is completed.
Okay, in this thread we'll be talking about updates to GI JOE.
Here's where it's at now:
Red hood (JasonTodd) made new sprites for Hawk and for Sgt. Slaughter.  Bloodbane has coded them and they have been added to the game.  The old Hawk has been renamed Clutch.
So this brings playable characters up to 4.

Let's discuss new ideas/additions in this thread.

Yes it is -- if you've downloaded some OpenBOR mods, take a look at some characters.  You'll see in their folders sprites named alt (or just look for the alternate color sprites). 
Under the characters file, remap is the command to tell which color (palette) to use.

okay, that's great for snake eyes 's palettes, i noticed he was missing a lot of frames next to sgt slaughter and hawk so i have some work to do on him again, and i started to use the storm shadow sprites using this one edit:

here you can see a frankenspriten sprite i did for snake eyes it was missing when he does his jumping punch.

here you can see a frankenspriten sprite i did for snake eyes it was missing when he does his jumping punch.

Great! That frame is missing from sff file where I get Snake Eyes' sprites from.

quick question: is it possible to make palettes for chars?

Yes, and since this mod is in 16/32 bit, we are using alternate palette not remaps.

As you probably know,
You can get GI JOE old version in this site, guys.
http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Forum-Downloads

That's cool Nozomi, I wasn't aware of that actually.
I would put the old version up here but I'd rather wait until the update is finished. 

Nozomi said:
As you probably know,
You can get GI JOE old version in this site, guys.
http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Forum-Downloads
you know that bloodbane and count monte did this one? i just don't see the point of the post.  :eek:

changing the pallet is cool but not really necessary Chars like snake eyes and storm shadow aren't  the same with a pallet swap they need all new sprite work like the scrollboss storm shadow edit verses the strider edit.

these two chars had quite a few different looks threw the years but the colors were pretty much the same.  As a community it would be nice and  quick if we all just put our talents together to edit those chars. But i guess we can all dream

These are old screenshots but they show Red Hood's great edit which is going to be used in next release:

New General Hawk:

HawkvsBludd.png

HawkSwamp.png

Sgt. Slaughter:

Sarge1.png

Sarge2.png

Sarge3.png

RunningSarge.png

TripleT.png

SwampSarge.png

SkierSarge1.png

SkierSarge2.png

Looks good!
I suggest you to use "spriterot" program to scale your sprites without blurry effect.
And for a decent pixel resolution.

cool screenshots!!! can't wait to try it!!

there were some sprites based off on KOF sprites, and some on capcom sprites, it would be very cool if Red hoos can convert those KOF style sprites to Capcom style.

vision said:
changing the pallet is cool but not really necessary Chars like snake eyes and storm shadow aren't  the same with a pallet swap they need all new sprite work like the scrollboss storm shadow edit verses the strider edit.
palettes are cool specially when more players pick the same character. Also you don't need to change many colours, just make a new palette with some slightly differences, to make the new palette coherent with the character.

Wow Red Hood you did a great job on the new characters. Makes me wish I had time to touch up my Slice and Dice I made. It be cool if you could make Storm Shadow with his camouflage and join the Joes once you beat the game. If you could replace his cobra version with another enemy.

great surprise there.  ;D
i have been thinking about some stages versus shadalloo too, with mr bison as a boss, with sagat, vega , balrog, ... Street fighters characters have been g i joe toy, so why not?
Or maybe make another game called "g i joe vs shadalloo" after this one?

A Shadaloo mission could be cool!
I'd raelly love to put the Roboskull in this game, but making sprites for it might be too hard.
PICT1520.jpg

This is the only sprite I could find for it:
urs_zps70d66c99.gif

Unless we do a 1941 top-down shooter type level...

Back
Top Bottom