• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android)

In Progress Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android) Beta 27

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
2d game reflections are almost always wrong anyway
Yeah, I made a scripted mirror different from the native version, similar to SORR, where the mirrored image moves in the same direction in the Z axis instead of the opposite direction. As soon as I discover how to invert a screen direction in the Z axis, I will fix it.

@Kratus

for better accuracy, you would need to draw or render sprites of the opposite side of any given entity
(or at the very least TRUE right to left frames for every character, as if they where asymetrical)
and then spawn mirror entities

it was fun to analize it tho

that splatter house "mirror" rick is just an entity that in openbor would be spawned & binded, it seems his frames are not accurate tho, they are just a clever re-use of his regular frames when it comes to walking.

when it comes to his slide animation or attack animations tho, the illusion is absolutely broken

most 2D games will have this "flaw"

In fact, it can be solved by just moving the guy with speakers away from the mirror a little. Most of the characters are sideways, and the reflections in the mirrors are sideways, making it difficult to spot flaws.

@lanyer
nah - most of the characters in SOR and most brawlers do not feature true profile or sideways illustrations

worst some characters take their theatrical training very seriously and choose to face the audience all the time:
sddefault.jpg

unfortuantely we end up with Peppa pig situations all over the place
images

and the only way those reflections are correct is because they are all PeppaPiggin´ us
976.jpg

In fact, it can be solved by just moving the guy with speakers away from the mirror a little. Most of the characters are sideways, and the reflections in the mirrors are sideways, making it difficult to spot flaws.
I moved Yuzo forward a bit to a place where there's no mirror.

Has anyone being able to find a workaround for using multiple controllers? I am using two Xbox series controllers and a google stadia and the game thinks they are all player 1.

Steam Deck
Bluetooth Connection of controllers.
All recognised separately by Steam Deck and other games know they are different.

Has anyone being able to find a workaround for using multiple controllers? I am using two Xbox series controllers and a google stadia and the game thinks they are all player 1.

Steam Deck
Bluetooth Connection of controllers.
All recognised separately by Steam Deck and other games know they are different.
Currently there's no need to use workaround for multiple controllers, frequently I play with my friends using varied devices mixing PS4/Xbox controllers (wired and bluetooth). The tests were made on PCs and Android phones, I didn't test Stadia controller but if it's recognized as a Xinput device, it should work fine.

Hi Kratus! I hope you're doing well. First, congrats for the making of this amazing project! So far i've had cleared a SOR1 campaing without issues. But, on second run, i'm trying to do with a cpu partner and SOR2 campaign and when i reach the stage with the explosive barrels and motorcycles, as soon as any barrel explodes, my game crashed. I'll attach the log file to see if you can help or orient me in what i must do to correct this issue. Thanks!

Attachments

• OpenBorLog.txt
    84.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi Kratus! I hope you're doing well. First, congrats for the making of this amazing project! So far i've had cleared a SOR1 campaing without issues. But, on second run, i'm trying to do with a cpu partner and SOR2 campaign and when i reach the stage with the explosive barrels and motorcycles, as soon as any barrel explodes, my game crashed. I'll attach the log file to see if you can help or orient me in what i must do to correct this issue. Thanks!
Hi @lonchi

Thanks for the feedback, according to the log the crash happened due to a missing explosion sound. In the sound code, it first detects the current route before playing the sound because sor1/sor2 sound is different from sor3, for some reason your current route variable may be missing or invalid in the save files.

Please, can you send your SORX.set file in the saves folder? I will try to replicate the issue.
Try to rename your SORX.set file to SORX.old and let's see if it will solve the problem.

Sure, i can. Ok, i'll try what you're saying to do and then i'll come with the feedback. About the file, the forum doesnt allow me to attach the file in such format. But, if you have an Discord account, i can send to you the file youve requested. My nick there is Lonchi too. Thanks!

Sure, i can. Ok, i'll try what you're saying to do and then i'll come with the feedback. About the file, the forum doesnt allow me to attach the file in such format. But, if you have an Discord account, i can send to you the file youve requested. My nick there is Lonchi too. Thanks!

Just zip the file and post it, don't try to redirect forum conversations to Discord please. @Kratus, if I knew the extension in question, I could take a look at allowing it to post directly.

DC

Oh ok. Ty very much for the info DCurrent, much appreciated! Here it is Kratus.
@lonchi Thanks for the file, like I suspected the issue is exactly in the route number, for some reason the value is empty. This usually happens if you quit the game during the title screen using F10 key or by forcing the executable to close using any other way instead of using the "quit" option in the main menu. During the title screen some save files are loaded and then exported again.

You can solve the problem by just restoring the default presets in the game settings (use "special" attack button) or by erasing the SORX.set in the saves folder (it will not erase your progress, will just reset the game settings).
I don't recommend to load any previously saved game in-progress because they will conserve the old values.

But I will create some way to detect empty values and make an automatic restoration, thanks again for the feedback.

1715364348581.png

But, if you have an Discord account, i can send to you the file youve requested
For feedbacks, suggestions or bug reports, please I suggest to centralize everything here because Chrono Crash is the official SORX home.

@Kratus, if I knew the extension in question, I could take a look at allowing it to post directly.
@DCurrent Thanks, it would be helpful. The files in question are just .txt but with custom extensions, they are .set and .sco (used by settings and score respectively).
I didn't use .cfg to avoid confusion with the native save files.

I have had somewhat similar problem with the .set file. I often playing your game and leave it in the background for hours or even days sometimes without pause also. I don't know if it's my notebook acting up or not because I opened multiple app while doing that (doing spritework, watching movies, streaming, etc) and when I back to your game again, it plays for a while and the engine closes. When I open again it loads but something weird happened when bout to choose the route. It only says SOR0 and it closes again if you hit enter, there's no SOR1-3 route available. I forgot to check the log, sorry. The fix similar what you instructed, delete the set file. About SORX, I don't know if it mention before. Skate kunai blitz specials should've been the same as the knife blitz special. The bottle sprite on the ground in SOR1 route looks kinda weird, it's like missing a handle.

It only says SOR0 and it closes again
@seahorses Yeah, it's the same issue reported by lonchi. But honestly it never happened to me before (even playing the game every day to make tests), I'm still trying to replicate the invalid route value but no success, I need more info about.
There's no code developed to clear only the route value and let others intact, there's only one routine at the title screen that clear all values at once and reload everything again from the SORX.set file.

Skate kunai blitz specials should've been the same as the knife blitz special
I checked the original and he really has a knife blitz, I will add it in the next updates. Thanks for the catch.

The bottle sprite on the ground in SOR1 route looks kinda weird, it's like missing a handle
I didn't understand exactly the problem, but I accept suggestions for the sprites.

Back
Top Bottom