• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android)

In Progress Streets of Rage X (Windows / Android) Beta 27

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
While playing SORR, I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if the local versions of the characters were present as secret characters.
Where in order to unlock them you would have to meet the conditions, for example, to unlock the beta version of Max you need to beat
Abadede in a special way, that is, use rage stars in the capture and so finish the entire stage and so on 2 times, first in the SOR 1 branch,
and then in the SOR 2 branch.

Or how to unblock SORR Adam. The conditions for unlocking it are to complete the entire path of SOP 2
not damage, on difficult Hard, not losing lives and not juggling

And to unlock SORR Electra, just beat her in Barbona's bar (on any difficulty)

And to unlock Rudra you will have to fight Yamato to not receive damage
only in the SOR 3 settings (endurance mode is welcome)

But most likely it will remain only in dreams.
A dream where there are all versions of certain characters.

Personally, I would like to play as Adam V4, and version 5.1
But it's like I said earlier, these are just dreams

I won’t be surprised if my translator sets me up once again while writing this post

While playing SORR, I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if the local versions of the characters were present as secret characters.
Where in order to unlock them you would have to meet the conditions, for example, to unlock the beta version of Max you need to beat
Abadede in a special way, that is, use rage stars in the capture and so finish the entire stage and so on 2 times, first in the SOR 1 branch,

Or how to unblock SORR Adam. The conditions for unlocking it are to complete the entire path of SOP 2

I won’t be surprised if my translator sets me up once again while writing this post
Some ideas are good, thanks for the suggestions. I can think of a way to implement, but first we need to have all the content fully finished.

Currently I'm working on the remaining weapons for all the main heroes (except Zan), and it will take more time than usual. Each hero has +4 weapons but considering that every weapon requires a new character model, we are speaking about +20 characters in total. Maybe in one or two months this content will be finished, and then I will start adding the remaining heroes.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on SORR but I could never understand why out of all the cool enemies Electra was chosen to be the only playable one.
Glad we don't have this kind of problem in SORX :) (even if some enemies' movesets are very limited). I only wish it was possible to break grabs and perform air recovery when playing as enemies, but I reckon it's a matter of missing animations etc.
I also wonder if that smart palette system Kratus is working on is going to make changing enemy variants/colors possible, because current variants look too similar for my taste :D

This is by far the best version of Streets of Rage that I have ever played so kudos to the developers. I have some suggestions that I believe would enhance the experience even more. Imho, the option to continue juggling the dead enemies should be available. Meaning that they would only go into dead state when they touch the ground. Another option would be to keep the corpse on the ground after they go in to dead state. Also, adding dismemberment for some weapons would be cool as well. There is just one thing that is bugging me though; why the .PAK file is not working with the default OPENBOR version and why the SORX version of it does not support any other .PAK at all? I also tried to add some custom sprites but it could not launch with the new .PAK made with PAXPLODE! This was not the case with X2. It would be better if we could change some aspects of the game to our liking, as this is an OPENBOR project after all.

It would be better if we could change some aspects of the game to our liking, as this is an OPENBOR project after all.

OpenBor is just the name of the engine, it doesn't mean all projects are open to be changed, this version of streets of rage is a closed project. The developer wishes to keep it this way until they decide otherwise. most developers don't actually like their projects being tampered with hence this one being closed.

This is by far the best version of Streets of Rage that I have ever played so kudos to the developers. I have some suggestions that I believe would enhance the experience even more. Imho, the option to continue juggling the dead enemies should be available. Meaning that they would only go into dead state when they touch the ground. Another option would be to keep the corpse on the ground after they go in to dead state. Also, adding dismemberment for some weapons would be cool as well. There is just one thing that is bugging me though; why the .PAK file is not working with the default OPENBOR version and why the SORX version of it does not support any other .PAK at all? I also tried to add some custom sprites but it could not launch with the new .PAK made with PAXPLODE! This was not the case with X2. It would be better if we could change some aspects of the game to our liking, as this is an OPENBOR project after all.
@PHM2D Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions :)
About the pak, same as @danno explained, this is a closed project and in a beta state, so many things are not open to be edited and others are not finished yet, causing crashes if changed.

Could play the BGM immediately after switching the BGM style? Because players sometimes want to compare their differences between different styles of BGM, and according to the current rules, after switching the BGM style, still need to switch the BGM serial number back and forth before it can be played.

One of my friends who I got to play the game came up with 2 suggestions that I'm passing on:

1) For the enemies that Mr. X summons for his star move, is there any way that you could highlight them so that you can tell them apart from regular enemies such as a colour outline?

& the second that is a bit more tricky

2) a way to play 4 players online using the Streets of Rage 2: New Era way with share key. (Pictured)
I'm not sure if you're familiar with it.

But yeah that's my only inputs for now.
Still testing things but haven't found much issues myself yet with version 24.

Attachments

• Screenshot (14164).png
    Screenshot (14164).png
    156.4 KB · Views: 18
Could play the BGM immediately after switching the BGM style? Because players sometimes want to compare their differences between different styles of BGM, and according to the current rules, after switching the BGM style, still need to switch the BGM serial number back and forth before it can be played.
Thanks for the suggestions, applied in the next beta.

1) For the enemies that Mr. X summons for his star move, is there any way that you could highlight them so that you can tell them apart from regular enemies such as a colour outline?
Hmm this is a good suggestion, I will think a way to separate them from the regular enemies.

2) a way to play 4 players online using the Streets of Rage 2: New Era way with share key. (Pictured)
I'm not sure if you're familiar with it.
Yeah, the SOR2:NE online feature is a good one. In the SORX it's only available through Steam or Parsec, but after the most critical updates are done in the game, I can dive onto it a bit more.

@Kratus I Told you I would do it :cool: Full Mania playthrough with Max, couldn't wait until full release lol.
1698415010390.png
Rules I used could be described as "SOR4 preset", so SOR4 energy system, juggle/wall bounce, OTG, super armor and rage attack, no block or counter etc. (I enabled running though)
It sure was tough and sometimes straight up frustrating.

I noticed some concerning things during those runs:
- enemies often dance around you instead of attacking unless you turn your back on them. this is especially frustrating on Mania due to their speed, because you basically need to chase them, and if you're slow, it's not exactly fun (they also tend to get stuck in corners of diagonal stages, like SOR2 stage 1 street, the arcade saloon or the jungle road.
- every boss that is able to grab you, will grab you everytime you "collide" with him. Every. Single. Time. The only way to grab them is to somehow stun them first. This is also true for some enemies. This doesn't seem fair given that other bosses that don't have any grabs can be grabbed freely over and over again.
- there's a gap between Jack's AI and other enemies on Mania; it feels like he doesn't attack as often as they do.
- speaking of enemy AI, is there a strategy for avoiding SOR1 Bongo's charge? It seems that no matter what i do, I just can't avoid getting trampled, and he often interrupts your combos with it.

Major bug: When you die during Yamato fight in SOR3 and keep mashing cop call, once you respawn and call the heli, all 3 copies will be knocked down, burned and will begin to fight you. The two that are not supposed to be active can also clip through the background, which makes them look like they're floating.

enemies often dance around you instead of attacking unless you turn your back on them. this is especially frustrating on Mania due to their speed, because you basically need to chase them, and if you're slow, it's not exactly fun (they also tend to get stuck in corners of diagonal stages, like SOR2 stage 1 street, the arcade saloon or the jungle road.

If that's the case, I agree this needs nerfing. SORR does the same thing. Basic grunts walk backward diagonally faster than Skate can run straight forward, and it almost single-handedly ruins the experience IMO.

This doesn't seem fair given that other bosses that don't have any grabs can be grabbed freely over and over again.

LOL, don't put it that way! @Kratus will just make ALL bosses impossible to grab. :p

Congrats on the run!

DC

@Kratus I Told you I would do it :cool: Full Mania playthrough with Max, couldn't wait until full release lol.
View attachment 5505
Rules I used could be described as "SOR4 preset", so SOR4 energy system, juggle/wall bounce, OTG, super armor and rage attack, no block or counter etc. (I enabled running though)
It sure was tough and sometimes straight up frustrating.

I noticed some concerning things during those runs:
- enemies often dance around you instead of attacking unless you turn your back on them. this is especially frustrating on Mania due to their speed, because you basically need to chase them, and if you're slow, it's not exactly fun (they also tend to get stuck in corners of diagonal stages, like SOR2 stage 1 street, the arcade saloon or the jungle road.
- every boss that is able to grab you, will grab you everytime you "collide" with him. Every. Single. Time. The only way to grab them is to somehow stun them first. This is also true for some enemies. This doesn't seem fair given that other bosses that don't have any grabs can be grabbed freely over and over again.
- there's a gap between Jack's AI and other enemies on Mania; it feels like he doesn't attack as often as they do.
- speaking of enemy AI, is there a strategy for avoiding SOR1 Bongo's charge? It seems that no matter what i do, I just can't avoid getting trampled, and he often interrupts your combos with it.

Major bug: When you die during Yamato fight in SOR3 and keep mashing cop call, once you respawn and call the heli, all 3 copies will be knocked down, burned and will begin to fight you. The two that are not supposed to be active can also clip through the background, which makes them look like they're floating.
Thanks for the feedback :) I will check every point once I didn't play too much in mania. In general, mania does not change behaviours or A.I., it just strengthens the same behaviours that already exist in other difficulties.

Anyway, if I make any changes it will be very small. I don't know if you played the original SOR2 in mania but this extra difficulty was built exactly to be unfair and sometimes frustrating (to the point where was removed in SOR3), totally different from the "candy" SOR4 mania, which we saw tons of no-death all over youtube. Look at the Anthopants SOR2 playthroughs trying no-death in mania and you will understand what I'm talking about.

If that's the case, I agree this needs nerfing. SORR does the same thing. Basic grunts walk backward diagonally faster than Skate can run straight forward, and it almost single-handedly ruins the experience IMO.
In the SORR this behaviour is excessive and works in all difficulties, in SORX it's more perceptive in mania due to the character's speed.

LOL, don't put it that way! @Kratus will just make ALL bosses impossible to grab. :p
lol 😁

Thanks for the feedback :) I will check every point once I didn't play too much in mania. In general, mania does not change behaviours or A.I., it just strengthens the same behaviours that already exist in other difficulties.

Anyway, if I make any changes it will be very small. I don't know if you played the original SOR2 in mania but this extra difficulty was built exactly to be unfair and sometimes frustrating (to the point where was removed in SOR3), totally different from the "candy" SOR4 mania, which we saw tons of no-death all over youtube. Look at the Anthopants SOR2 playthroughs trying no-death in mania and you will understand what I'm talking about.

In the SORR this behaviour is excessive and works in all difficulties, in SORX it's more perceptive in mania due to the character's speed.

lol 😁
Oh not at all, I didn't mean that Mania should be nerfed - i think it's in a very good spot. Fairly manageable with standard life count. In comparison, I wasn't able to beat Mania in SOR4 at all.
I wouldn't expect it to be easy and most definitely wouldn't expect to beat it with no deaths lol

By the way, I was able to beat it with Max because I identified my biggest mistake - midlessly charging with running attack into groups of enemies, which often got me beaten up even on normal, since it works differently than other chracters (no knockback and leaves you surrounded). I started playing more carefully with Max and it paid off :)

I only meant that Jack (the mini boss in SOR2 stage 1 and amusement park) could use a tiny little buff when it comes to attack frequency, because he seems less dangerous than normal enemies. I just hope it won't be as big of a buff like Bongo got xD

About those boss grabs - this happens on any difficulty, since it's automatic as soon hitboxes touch (either boss gets near the player or the player gets near a boss) and is especially noticeable on Max because I mostly use grabs when playing Max, it's just so fun.

Yes, the pak is currently locked at least while both game/engine remain in beta state.
Ok thanks, when you finish i trust that pak Will be open (also with pay form this is no problem, but without open pak people like me cannot play on ancient arcade machine with Linux ;)

Ok thanks, when you finish i trust that pak Will be open (also with pay form this is no problem, but without open pak people like me cannot play on ancient arcade machine with Linux ;)
You ca play it very well using wine, i tested heman and sor2 on a Sony vio minilaptop, unless it's even older i suppose

You ca play it very well using wine, i tested heman and sor2 on a Sony vio minilaptop, unless it's even older i suppose
My cab is a 15khz CRT Arcade... if i use Wine i must use progressive 15khz interlaced... is a true arcade ancient machine... ;)
I know that i can use wine, but only with OpenBOR in Linux i can run it at 240p.... with wine i must use 480i :(

My cab is a 15khz CRT Arcade... if i use Wine i must use progressive 15khz interlaced... is a true arcade ancient machine... ;)
I know that i can use wine, but only with OpenBOR in Linux i can run it at 240p.... with wine i must use 480i :(
Ahh,
i see , the reason i ran some openbor games using the windows "wine-esque " version of batocera is because games like my module need an special version of the openbor engine that had better control support.

since Kratu´s version of this new SOR game requires an experimental and newwer version of the engine, i dont think batocera´s version will run the module problem free, you would have to do the windows games procedure...

that said, i always thought that after following all the directions for crt video output

all the stuff , including windows games would be displayed relatively well.

aside from that, unless your crt monitor or tV OR rear projection TV is one of those rare 16 by 9 models (more likely on those old rear projection models),
wide-screen openbor modules would not look that good and editing the games to work in 4 by 3 ratio is truly a pain
(will probably take you 3 weeks to a month)....

Back
Top Bottom