• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Avengers United Battle Force

In Progress Avengers United Battle Force 2.7.41

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
Thanks!

Added some speed effects on Quicksilver's legs for the underwater stage. Notice the shadow effect when you pass in front of a rock - everything gets darken :)
EmoMhPXXIAEcAkP

And I was planning to give the same submarine to all characters but, to speed up the process, some players will use the same vehicle they use on the flying stage, with some modifications.
EmtXMMDW4AEcl0I

Btw way, I really liked the result of this underwater stage. There are a lot of layers, light effects and even a water displacement efffect :)

O Ilusionista said:
Thanks!

Added some speed effects on Quicksilver's legs for the underwater stage. Notice the shadow effect when you pass in front of a rock - everything gets darken :)
EmoMhPXXIAEcAkP

And I was planning to give the same submarine to all characters but, to speed up the process, some players will use the same vehicle they use on the flying stage, with some modifications.
EmtXMMDW4AEcl0I

Btw way, I really liked the result of this underwater stage. There are a lot of layers, light effects and even a water displacement efffect :)

this displacement effect is a new script? - i guess you can't see it in still pictures.

do you have any levels planned where you walk around & suddenly you can fall & can swim & viceversa like in battletoads?

this displacement effect is a new script? - i guess you can't see it in still pictures.
oldyz no, its  water effect on an overlay sprite. Its very subtle. Take a look over the Gen. Ross Bathyscaphe pic bellow.

do you have any levels planned where you walk around & suddenly you can fall & can swim & viceversa like in battletoads?
This idea crossed my mind on the past, but I am not sure If I will ever use it.

Human form (for this stage only) for both Hulk and Red Hulk, with proper name and icon changes :)
Em0jRjiW8AM7tJd

Thanks for the Gen. Ross sprite :)

O Ilusionista said:

[/quote]

that's great

I am struggling to work on the game thanks to some bad issues on my real life, but at least I have some friends who can help me to continue.
Psykai is helping me in making the cutscenes for the new chapters:

Thor uses an old english when speaks
glP1vXC.png

Iron Man and Thor can't stand Hercules, lol
McKkh1y.png

Oh oh, things are getting out of hand here. Put order in your the house, Cap!
BfaCGOa.png

Some updates:

Alternate modes
- I spent HOURS trying to make it work and finally got it: now you will know what mode your character will be in, by the text below it.
Really thanks to the streamer Zakoneko for the feedback. This is why I value feedback so much.
En85Gm7XEAAMSfo

(if the character doesn't have an alternate mode, the text won't appear).

Cutscenes
- Unlock cutscenes done - Colossus
Our favorite russian dude is ready to action!
EoFO8hYXcAIdnP4

Unlockable characters
For the next update only, I will make Nightcrawler to be unlocked on the upper route (Greece) and Colossus at the lower route (Sentinel), to balance the unlockables on the game. On the future versions, both will be unlocked on Sentinel stages.

There can or cannot be more unlockable characters, because there are a lot of things to care about.

Next release
This is the question that I get the most and I feel ashamed to answer, but I am happy to know that people are still interested in this game after 3 years of the last update.

It is in my plans to release this update in December 2020, without an exact date (probably, towards the end of the month). But it depends on a number of factors like free time, health and other things.

I discovered a bug in OpenBOR in relation to LOAD GAME that I will not have time to test a new build for, so I will release the game anyway with a warning about the bug. Perhaps, I even disable SAVE GAME in this version. There is a "silent crash", where the engine closes without any mention in the log, so I get lost trying to understand.

I'm doing everything to be able to release this update now, because I want to rest a little of this project and I need to focus on another one.

But I would like to thank everyone for their support and interest for all this time. I think it's incredible to still receive support and questions about this game :)

Can't wait to try the update whenever it comes O Ilusionista.

O Ilusionista said:
I discovered a bug in OpenBOR in relation to LOAD GAME that I will not have time to test a new build for, so I will release the game anyway with a warning about the bug. Perhaps, I even disable SAVE GAME in this version. There is a "silent crash", where the engine closes without any mention in the log, so I get lost trying to understand.

Like we were talking about in PMs, Save Game is a trap. I'm surprised it works at all. If I'd been in charge at the time, it wouldn't exist. Even big boys like Bioware never managed to get a user content engine save sate to work right and abandoned it for a database. As it happens, OpenBOR has a database system of its own: Filestream functions. OpenBOR can read/write text and bin files in table format. From there, you can code any kind of persistence you want.

DC

O Ilusionista said:
Damon Caskey thanks for the tip. I will study it for a future release, so maybe we can bypass it
I don't remember where I saw that, but after changed the "cansave" value from 1 to 2, I had no more problems. Using "cansave 1" I had a lot of bugs.

Your game is one of the best OpenBOR mod ever made... but i don't understand a thing: in the next release which version of OpenBOR you will use? I think that a coll thing is just to write a raccomended version for rasbperry or other platform even if i know you cannot support officialy it ;)

zanac hey buddy, thanks for the nice words. The next release will be using either 6315 (the one I've spent all the time coding) or 6330, the ones I've tested my game with.
The raspberry Pi uses a more recent version and since the DOT code was changed, my game doesn't runs on it. But I've made a custom version of the last demo, check here http://brazilmugenteam.com/avengers/

BUT, for the next release, probably the game won't work - The build that doesn't have the load bug (6342) has a bug on bindentity and just one entity on the whole game, which uses the same code of all others, doesn't works. So unless I can test it (and fix it), no custom version will be made, sorry.

----

Here is a fast and furious preview of the Tigra update, run by Psykai  our official beta tester. He really is a beast with Tigra, performing combos that I didn't even know I could do :)

Tigra needed some adjustments, so several things were changed:
- Combo enders are different.
- New riseattack, much more useful than the previous one.
- New grab special (thanks Zvitor for the cut effect sprites)
- Your grabback now hits enemies around (I had forgotten to set this up)
- New grabdown, useful for controlling crowds.
- Normal attacks have a little more range
- Down, Up attack freespecial now has a wider range, including on the ground.
- You can see which mode you are selecting on the selection screen
- Now the name of the characters is spoken when you select them and not when they enter the game.
- One of the Hellcat mode specials now has less pause when it hits, making it less vulnerable.

The video is a combination of 3 videos - two in Tigra mode and one in Hellcat mode on the boss side. Just see what wonderful combos Psykai can do!

Great news, thanks :)
anyway 6315 is a great news, i have a porting of this version that run in my ancient arcade machine... can't wait for play! Paolo (my son) will be very happy when he will know :)

Are Tigra and Hellcat the same character with smartpalette? Great job here, you've got a good bestial heroin to play with :).

Back
Top Bottom