• All, I am currently in the process of migrating domain registrations. During this time there may be some intermittent outages or slowdowns. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
Openbor Sailormoon

In Progress Openbor Sailormoon 2022.06.24

No permission to download
The project is currently under development.
Welcome to the forum @Kasumi.

It's longer than you think. There's been a Sailor Moon WIP in one form or another since BORGeneration Forums all the way back in 2006, and probably well before that. Anyway, there's no demo of this project I know of, but the best thing to do is always tag the people you are asking so they notice: @Shinmrgrill, @rgveda99, or @maxman should know something.

DC
Thanks for the welcome! I didn't know about the tagging system. Demos actually exist, they are just much more outdated than the versions videos ITT show.

There is a Google Drive folder linked in the OP of this thread, it has two versions of the demo, 1.12.2014 and 3.15.2020 builds. Both let you pick between Story, China, Jungle and Wharf levels (just tested, they all work)... but only have three Sailor Senshi playable (Moon, Mars and Mercury). Jupiter and Venus stand on the title screen, unselectable. 2020 update added Jinrei character and comes with less archaic OpenBOR client... I have no idea on other differences and how long the levels go.

This thread since (see top of page 19) shown updated gameplay by @Shinmrgrill with more characters playable, but there was no public release as far as I can tell.

Hello,

It appears there is one more update I need to add. In the meanwhile, here is this version to play with. The Current cast has all five inners, Sailor Saturn, Tenchimaru, and Jinrei.
A new player is developed every year at the rate I'm going. Back in June of last year, I started working on Sailor Pluto. Well...once I get my new career as a learning and developing instructor, I'll start again. Presently, I have been using how to use Vyond, and I've made a few videos. Again, coding was provided by @Bloodbane. I've only ripped the sprites, put them in order, and created stages. This version has some great guest characters. I started playing the game again, and it's nice to see the progress. If anyone wants to help add the voices to the characters, I have the voices ripped from the PSX 1 game. I also had a sprite of Esmeralda-made Sailormoon Aracade Style and a WIP office stage. Well, let's see what brings up for 2023. It would be great if this can be uploaded to Chrono Crash.

Removed link. Will be uploaded shortly.

Attachments

• emeralda_by_jaredjlee_df8l2o7-fullview.png
    emeralda_by_jaredjlee_df8l2o7-fullview.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
There is no need for the third-party links here such as Mediafire, Gamejolt, etc. Just upload it straight to the Resources section. I will test it if I have time.

Hello,

It appears there is one more update I need to add. In the meanwhile, here is this version to play with. The Current cast has all five inners, Sailor Saturn, Tenchimaru, and Jinrei.
A new player is developed every year at the rate I'm going. Back in June of last year, I started working on Sailor Pluto. Well...once I get my new career as a learning and developing instructor, I'll start again. Presently, I have been using how to use Vyond, and I've made a few videos. Again, coding was provided by @Bloodbane. I've only ripped the sprites, put them in order, and created stages. This version has some great guest characters. I started playing the game again, and it's nice to see the progress. If anyone wants to help add the voices to the characters, I have the voices ripped from the PSX 1 game. I also had a sprite of Esmeralda-made Sailormoon Aracade Style and a WIP office stage. Well, let's see what brings up for 2023. It would be great if this can be uploaded to Chrono Crash.

Niiice! Glad that this project is still alive!

Hello,

Is There A Move List For Each Character For This Version?
I Couldn't Figure Out How To Do Any Of The Special Attacks For Sailor Venus ☹️
I Love All The Grab Moves For Sailor Jupiter! Top Notch 👌
So Far Its Pretty Fun! Keep Up The Great Work!

Last edited:
That's cool. I haven't downloaded it yet myself.

I'll try to finish most of Venus' new attacks this year. It takes longer to sprite her thanks to her hair.

All that's left of Jupiter I am planning on implementing are more throws and a Hurricane Kick (11 to 15 frames).

Last edited:
I haven't given her any special attack yet 😅 .

Tsukino Ai made a few moves for her. She has that Venus Love Me Chain from the Super Famicom game and an aerial Wink Chain Sword.

As for me I'll be giving her Cannon Drill, Psycho Ball (regular and 2002 versions) and Hooligan Combination sometime in the future.
I still haven't decided which of Kumi's attacks I'll add. I'll also be doing research with Phonon from UNIB.

Is There A Move List For Each Character For This Version?
I Couldn't Figure Out How To Do Any Of The Special Attacks For Sailor Venus ☹️
I Love All The Grab Moves For Sailor Jupiter! Top Notch 👌
So Far Its Pretty Fun! Keep Up The Great Work!
Well, if someone wants to do that. That's fine. Been busy with work and life but expect updates this year.
Also, I need to delete the old BOR stuff. But other than that, enjoy this update from last year before I got Covid.

For anyone using Saturn, to be able to throw you have to input a Hadoken. D, DF, F + regular attack button.

Can't wait to try the others.

I'm suprised most of my new edits aren't here yet except for one frame. 😅
I'm hoping to see more of them in the future.

But I'm happy with her dash attack.
Also regarding the resource section you might want to include Appancuddles under the artist since he worked on half the sprites for Saturn.

One of the best move in this mod is runattack so I suggest to use
running 25 3.5 3 5 0
5 instead of 1.
Where do you get that value 5 of running from? I don't see it in the manual either or openborstats, but I guess it could be 5 = 1 + 4. Both running up and down diagonally and turning 90 degrees while running.

{move} is a binary value.

0 - can't run up/down
1 - can run up and down diagonally
2 - can start running by inputing uu or dd
4 - can turn 90 degrees while running (like in some capcom games)
3 = 1 + 2
7 = 1 + 2 + 4

For anyone using Saturn, to be able to throw you have to input a Hadoken. D, DF, F + regular attack button.
Figured out days ago after I checked the code or did it myself. Yes, you have to perform that move in close range for a throw.

There's something I've been having in my mind about this project for years, but who's gonna do the custom icon portraits for both Sailor Saturn and Sailor Pluto (and/or other remaining Sailor Scouts)?

Figured out days ago after I checked the code or did it myself. Yes, you have to perform that move in close range for a throw.

There's something I've been having in my mind about this project for years, but who's gonna do the custom icon portraits for both Sailor Saturn and Sailor Pluto (and/or other remaining Sailor Scouts)?
For the character select screen? There's tons of resources for that from the puzzle, balloon and RPG games from the Super Famicom.

Back
Top Bottom